Chapter 50

(Em's POV) 

Even though I love sitting with all of the other girls and wives, I do love working at games even more. 

I'm back in the rooms with Will and Sarah just making sure we have everything before we head out onto the ground to set up for the game. 

Walking onto the grass with the lilac vest still feels surreal!

We meet up with the Doc's, Phil, Rob and Jonathan, who are just making sure that the little tv thing we have at the interchange bench is working so they will have the vision, if there is a suspected injury. 

Us physio's make sure that the mats and lotion is prepped, in case a player requires a rub down and the trainers are making sure that all of the water bottles are filled to the brim with what ever drink each player wants, mainly just plain water or water with electrolytes. 

We are almost done setting up when the bulldogs song starts to fill Marvel, which lets us physio's and trainers that we should head to our spots around the ground. 

For todays game, the Carlton physio have to sit with a trainer just as a precaution for covid, so teams are mixing up, which doesn't really make sense given the boys are playing football, but we aren't going to argue. 

I start to head to my spot, with Emily, who has been a trainer for the footy club, for longer than I could imagine, she has been here even before Zac got drafted, so at least 5 years!

Once we sit down, the famous carlton songs fills the arena and all of the loyal supporters start to sing it as well. 

I'm sitting at the bulldogs forward 50, which means that is where Laith is going to go, all I can hope for is that no violence happens this game!

It's a couple minutes till the bounce and the boys start to walk into their spots. Which is when I can see a smallish bulldog walking towards me and of course its Laith. 

Nerves quickly rush over me, but they all go away when he gives me a small smile and I smile back at him and he focuses back onto the game. 

The game starts quickly, and all of the boys are off. I see that Sam has been put onto Adam Treloar which honestly could be a tagging role for both of them, but probably more Sam. That will probably mean Sam will have a much quieter game sadly. 

The first quarter ends and no injures which is always happy thing. Sarah is giving a rub down on Saady because know that he will be running a lot today with especially  with the speed in the Bulldogs. 

The crowd is absolutely loving the game which is always the best feeling, especially to the boys!

The final siren sounded and the bulldogs won desire the fact that the blues had around a 20 point lead. The speed and endurance is what killed the boys the most. 

Sam still ended the game with 24 disposals, which is still an amazing stat, but I know he wont think so.

Sadly Jack Silvagni did come off with a concussion. which will rule him out for next week as well. I swear name a more injure prone forward right now. 

The rooms are how they always are when the blues lose, low energy, tired and not much talking. 

Sam comes up to me and gives me a hug and I tell him how good he did, even though I know he will be punching himself because he knew he could have done better, even if he couldn't have!

Will, Sarah and I are packing up all of the stuff that we need to take back to the club when my phone dings. 

It's a text from Laith reading "Meet you out of the rooms in 5?" 

I quickly look for Sam who is packing his bag which means he's ready to go and type back "Yep, see you then" 

I finish packing up and hand the bags to the security  and they put in on the bus for the physio to get when it arrives at the club!

"Laith is outside in 5" I say to Sam as he comes over to me and takes my bag off my shoulder "Thank you" I say to him 

"No problem my lovely" He says as he walks towards the exit and go and find Laith

We walk towards the bulldogs rooms and find him and his new girlfriend who I thankfully dont recognise. 

"Hey" I say and they stop talking to eachother 

"Hey Em, this is Georgia" Laith says 

"Nice to meet you" I say to her 

"You as well, you must be Sam" She says 

"In the flesh" Sam replies back 

"Okay, I basically wanted to talk to you ab-" I say but before I can finish Laith cuts me off 

"Em, before you continue, I just wanted to deeply apologies for the way I acted when we broke up and how everything went down. I was a completely f*cking idiot and didnt deserve you" He say 

"Wow, thank you for saying that, I don't really know what to say" I say back 

"You dont need to say anything, you didn't do anything wrong" He says 

"Well on that note, I hope we can still be friends because I do miss hanging out with all of the doggie boys" I say and he smiles 

"Yes definitely, I would love that and I know they do to" he says as Sam lets out a big yawn 

"Well, I should take this one home" I say pointing at him 

"Yeah okay, also good game Sam, you are seriously a gun" Laith says and Sam gives him a smile and we star walking off in opposite directions. 

"Happy" Sam asks me

"Very" I say wrapping my arms around his arm

As soon we turn the corner to where the Carlton rooms are, we are greeted with Zac, Bell, Mon and Pat all trying to listen into the conversation 

"How'd it go" Bell shouts 

"Shush, it went well, he apologised and I basically did nothing" I say 

"I told you Em" Mon says and she gives me a hug 

"You deserved it Em" Pat says 

"Damn right she did" Zac says and we all start walking towards the car park. 

A/N

Nice little double update for you

Laith and Em are finally on good terms!

Remember to comment and vote 

Honestly there will probably be an update tmr!!!