Chapter 77

(Em's POV)

It's been a busy couple of weeks at the club, Mckay has pulled up sore after the Collingwood game and may be in doubt for the North game!

Last year H was pulled out just before the game with illness and that might be what happens today.

However he will probably get named and we will see how he trains tomorrow and hope he is fine, because if he isn't that will most likely mean Crip has to go forward!

When we get to the office its pretty empty and thankfully because the boys got the win the other day, there is no media around!

I say goodbye to the fam and head straight onto the field because Murph, McKay and Crippa are all going through fitness tests!

We suspect that Crip and Murph will pass the test, but we have no idea about Harry.

Even though a toe injury doesn't seem like a bit issue, as footballers you are reliant on your foot to kick goals, so as a forward, he might have to take this week off.

Which means the McKay duel will have to wait until next year!

Will and the doctor are already on the field and not to my surprise Pat is already starting his test, Murph is lacing his boots up and I have no idea where H is!

We are basically doing some agility work with Crip given his ankle is what made him not play against Collingwood, and for Murph we will work with running and marking making sure that his calf isn't affecting his reach!

A couple of hours later, the tests are over Both Crip and Murph reacted very well, and their bodies reacted really well. However McKay is a different story, he can barely kick confidently with his toe, so he is most likely not going to play. Yet, we have chosen to let McKay have one more test to see how it feels tomorrow. Meaning all 3 boys will be up for selection but we need to make sure that the selection team knows that McKay might be a later out!

Will left a little while ago to let the selection team the news and the boys are just catching their breath!

When I check my watch the time reads 12:37pm, so I say goodbye to the boys and head to the media office to catch up with Bell and grab lunch!

Bell is the only one allowed in her office right now due to covid restrictions!

"Hey" I say and I take a seat next to her and she takes her AirPods out 

"Hiya" she says 

"Editing a podcast?" I ask her 

"Yeah, the boys talk a lot of shit" she replies 

"Doesn't surprise me" I say 

"Surprisingly Weitering talked in this episode" Bell says

"Oh the statue" I jokingly say

"Let's go and eat" Bell says and we get up and head to the cafeteria

Much to our surprise the boys are still on the ground, so Bell and I are able to actually to get the good food before all of the boys hog it all!

On todays menu was a steak sandwich and a Cesar salad. 

Bell gets the salad to hopefully not upset her stomach and I get the sandwich, we take a seat by the windows to hopefully warm us up abit!

We just talk about what we have been doing since we last saw each other, until we hear the boys screaming coming in the cafe

"Hear come the monkeys" Bell says and I nearly choke on my water

"Thats a new nickname and I absolutely love it" I say and I turn around and see the mob of footy boys coming in 

It's literally a push and shove to see who can get first in line, if ya snooze ya lose here! 

Bell and I spot Zac and Sam and they both give us a smile and sit down with the boys!

Lunch doesn't last long until Bell has to get back editing and I need to start setting some of the boys for treatment!

I head directly to the treatment area and there are already boys using the compression boots!

I continue to set up the other treatments such as the gravity treadmill for a couple of the players that are starting running again, as well as setting up the underwater treadmill for the players that are more advanced players!

Sam and Pat ended up coming in as well, which was nice but they didn't do much besides sit in the compression boots and watch the olympics!

The olympics have been very interesting to watch, seeing all of the different sports, and even some sports I've never watched before!

The next couple of hours went by very quickly at the club, thankfully there were no more injury concerns which is always lovely, but 2pm we are all back in the car driving back home 

"Do you guys remember Max and Kaylee" I say to the boys, giving Bell will have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about 

"Yeah, they were your uni friends" Zac says as he look in the review mirror making eye contact with me

"What about them" Sam asks, once again, Sam had a bad feeling about the two of them, but they proved him wrong, they have never done anything

"They just messaged me congratulating me on my job at Carlton and saying we should catch up soon" I say 

"No" Sam says very quickly 

"Don't overreact, they are harmless" Zac says, and I let out a sign

I know that Sam saying this is just his way of protecting me, but they are harmless, they have never done anything, I just hope that he doesn't do anything, because we all know that Sam's temper can definitely can get the best of him at times!

"I'm gonna say yes, I want to see the both of them again" I say but before I can finish Sam turns around and looks at me "yes, I will say that you are coming" 

"Em, I dont want this to come around in the wrong way, but I know them, they will use you, and you don't deserve that" Sam says 

"That's why you are coming, you will see that you are wrong" I say and we get out of the car 

When we get home, Bell runs straight to the heater and starts to blast him, she was working on the field for the rest of the day and forgot to bring her puffer jacket so, she was freezing the entire time!

The rest of the night was very boring, I'm catching up with Max and Kaylee in a about a week, we just have to finalise a couple of things, but who knows at this rate covid will probably cancel it....

A/N

Long time no update... I've been super busy with school and have had no motivation. I don't know how many of you guys read my other story, but I'm gonna take a break from it for a while and focus on this one because I think writing 2 stories decreases my motivation...

Hopefully I can get my ass writing soon, especially since I don't have much on for the next couple of weeks!

Not the way I wished the blues ended the season, with Murph, Betts and Casboult all leaving, but Harry did win the Coleman and I'll be basic and say "Next Year" 

Also, ya girl got her first dose of the vaccine, and if you can please go and get it because its the only way we can fight this virus <333

Remember to comment and vote!