Chapter 78

(Em's POV)

It's game day once again!

All of the Carlton and North supporters were all hyped to finally see the McKay battle, however Harry sent a message to Will and I saying that his foot is still annoying him and asking if we can meet him at the club and do a quick analyse!

When I get the message from Will, I get changed as quickly as I could, say goodbye to the family and get into the car and rush to the club, without speeding of course. 

I quickly park the car and rush into the club and head straight down to the rooms!

When I get in there I can hear talking from one of the treatments room, and I join Will and Harry. 

"Hey Em" Will says and I greet both of them 

"How are you" I ask Harry 

"Not great, I can barely put any pressure on it" Harry says as he puts his foot up and I start to slightly examine his ankle and toes 

I can already tell that there is still some swelling, which is not a good sign. 

When I try to move the bones, he flinches in pain, which is when I pull the plug.

"Nah, you can't play H" I say to him 

"Agreed" Will says 

"Yeah, alright, well thank you" Harry says, we say our goodbyes and he heads out

"Fucking hell, we have copped the injuries this season" Will says and I nod 

"Well I better get home so I can tell Bell to figure out what she will need to post on social media, letting all of the supporters know what has happened" I say 

"Yeah no worries" Will says and I grab my backpack from my desk and head straight back to my car!

Thankfully because of the lockdown there is no on the road so the drive home was a piece of cake.

When I get home, everyone is sitting on the couch.

"Good news?" Sam asks me and I just shake his head 

"He can barely put any pressure on the foot, Owies is gonna come in for him" I say to them and fall back onto the couch 

We all sit on the couch for probably one hour until we realise that we should probably get ready.

It's a game day like every single week.

Zac drives all of us to Marvel Stadium.

When we get to the rooms, Jonesy is on the music, which basically just means a bunch of old songs that Bell and I have no idea who is playing!

I head into the medical rooms and start helping Will and Sarah strapping up some players!

Crippa gives everyone a hype talk and they all head out onto the ground!

The game doesn't start off great, North are definitely here up for the fight!

Even though North started this season off pretty crap, they have found some seriously good form since the BYE round!

The North Melbourne song fills the arena, the Kangas were much more aggressive at the ball and just overall wanted the ball more.

All of the boys are all dead, none of them have the energy to say or do anything.

"We shouldn't push them tonight" I say to Bell as we watch all of the boys head into the team room 

"Definitely not, they are probably gonna pass out in the car" Bell says as she packs up all of her camera stuff and finishes up writing the match report, which just needs to be finalise and it will be published onto the Carlton website!