Chapter 6

(Emily's POV)

I finally pulled into the driveway and thankfully both of the boys cars were there which means I will have some support. As I get inside, Zac almost tries to scare me but as soon as he sees my face he stops and wraps me up in his arms which just makes me cry even more. I wouldn't know what I would do with Zac. He's my rock. Sam comes to see why I havent come to the kitchen yet, but completely stops in the doorway once he sees my face.

"Laitham did this, didn't he?" he says with so much anger in his voice. By me not answering the question is basically telling Sam the answer he doesn't want to hear. He storms past me. I try to stop him but he's too strong, he gets in his car and drives away.

"Zac, stop, I need to get Sam, he's going to hurt Laitham" I say weakly

"Em, he already hurt you, you need to tell me what he did" Zac says

"You can probably already guess what he did" I say

"He cheated on you didnt he?" Zac says

I nod my head and fall back into his chest crying even more. Hearing Zac say those words felt like someone was taking a knife to my heart. Why did he do this, Why the night before our one year. Laitham would always tell me that he has such big plans for our one year and how it is going to be the best night of my life. Why hype it up so much, then to just cheat on me the night before.

Zac starts to notice that I'm coming in and out of consciousness, he asks "have you eaten today"

"Not yet" I say

"Em you need to eat something, come on let's go to the kitchen and get you some food."

(Laitham's POV)

I don't know why I did this, why I caused her so much pain, she meant the world to me and I ruined it all because I wanted to go drinking with a couple of friends. Why did I have to bring her home. I want to explain myself to Emily, but I know she needs space to think about my actions, but I don't want to give her space.

(Sam's POV)

I've had a crush on Emily ever since I moved in with Zac. Zac always told me that she is off limits because he's her sister which is understandable, but that didn't stop me from having a crush on her. There was a point about 2 years ago where I thought we were almost about to start dating but nothing happened. I never told her about how I feel because I don't want to ruin the relationship we have. I love Emily so much and I won't let anyone hurt her. 

As soon as I saw Em crying with tears down her face, I knew that Laitham had done something. At first when they started dating I supported it, but once it got to about 5 months he started to treat Em badly. Bailey would tell me stories of how he would brag that he is just dating Em for the fun of it and how Laitham would tell him very private things that I'm sure Em didn't want going around. Ever since that day, I started making sure that Laitham was always in line, basically trying to be protective but also allowing them their own space.

I'm gripping the car wheel so tightly my knuckles are turning white, I know I'm driving to Laitham's house but I don't know what I'm going to do once I'm there, I just praying that my actions don't get the best of me. I start thinking of things I want to say to him, not so nice things. I just want him to hurt as much as Em is hurting.

I'm there, I walk up to the door and pound on the door, the door is quickly answered by Bailey.

"Where is he" I shout

"Sam, are you sure your in a state of mind to be here right now" Bailey calmly says

"Yes" I say strongly

"Are you sure Sam" he asks

"He broke her Baz, she's crying her eyes out she could barely breathe" I say much more calmly 

Bailey walks out of the way and lets me in. "If you start throwing punches, I'm stopping it and reporting you to the AFL" he says

Laitham is just sitting there on the couch with his head in his hand.

"How could you hurt her" I say

Laitham quickly jumps to his feet "Sam what are you doing here "

"You know why I'm here, how could you hurt her, she meant everything to you" I say

"I don't know why I hurt her, I don't know why I kissed that girl and trust me if I could take it all back I would" he manages to say

I'm in shock with what he just said, I knew he had done something bad, but I was not expecting him to cheat on Emily. I start looking at him and I notice that his eyes aren't even red, his face isn't puffy, I thought he would have been bawling his eyes out, maybe I was wrong, maybe he didn't care about her. I know I need to leave before I end up punching him,  I don't want to ruin my future, just because of a dumbass.

"If I ever see you again, I will hurt you the way you hurt Em" I say pointing at him

I storm out of the house, I can't believe he cheated on her, I need to get back to Em.