Chapter 83

(Em's POV)

The last month has been probably the most hectic month I've had in a while!

Sam went to the Brownlow, polling 30 votes, which equal the Carlton highest with Juddy and Diesel having 30 as well and winning the Charlie in those respective years!

Sadly because during the Brownlow we were still under restrictions, no partners could attend. So just Sam, Jack Steele, Tom Mitchell, Josh Kelly, Darcy Parish and Zach Merrett were allowed to go!

But that didn't mean Zac, Bell and I weren't watching it on TV and "wooing" every time we heard "S. Walsh 3 votes"

Michael Voss was announced as Senior Coach, Brian Cook was announced as the new CEO, Arron Hamill is coming back to the club as a backline coach, Josh Honey, Matt Owies, Jack Silvagni, Brodie Kemp, Matt Kennedy all resigned new contracts!

Adam Cerra also nominated Carlton as his preferred club to play at in 2022 and George Hewett is basically a done deal with coming to Carlton!

Thankfully we got out of lockdown a couple of days which has been nice catching up with everyone... by everyone I mainly just mean Pat, Mon and a couple of the other players that the boys invited over!

Today Mon and Pat are hosting a little get together with everyone that is planning on going on the road trip together!

Mon has just told us to bring drinks, which means the boys want to bring alcohol because its the off-season and Bell and I are just gonna bring some soda!

Pat messaged me that a couple of other players have spiked interest in coming on the road trip, so there are a couple more people coming to the party!

It's still butt fuck freezing in Melbourne, so I decided to wear mum jeans, a little white top and my Observe Gallery green jumper!

Thankfully Mon and I are similar so we gets freezing as well, so I know the heater will already be on!

It still feels weird going out after everything that has happened, like I feel like I should be doing all of this online, even though we have had zero cases in over 7 days now!

When arrived at the Cripps ( or sooner to be Cripps) household, way too early, in true Bell and I fashion. Thankfully Pat and Mon could not care less!

"Hey you guys" Mon says as she opens the fly screen door, and Ron runs past her

"It's been way to long" I say as I give her a hug

We all head inside, to find a Patrick copping up some veggies!

"Hiya, I'll give you guys a hug once I finish copping the onions" Pat says

"Can I get you guys anything to drink" Mon says

"I would love a mocktail" I say

"Coming right up," Mon says

"Well, how's the wedding planning coming along," Bell asks

"Good finally now that this one is finally on off-season" Mon says with a massive smile on her face

"Hey, you love watching me play," Pat says backing himself in

"I can't deny that, you do look pretty darn sexy, especially in the hard game," Mon says and Bell and I know damn well what she's getting at!

"What's the look on your face missy" Sam says poking me in the shoulder

"Oh, I just get what Mon means" I say

"Oh you do" Sam jokes

"Indeed I do" I say to him

"Okay you too stop it, I need to hear the details about the wedding" Bell says and I give her a wink

"Well, we have set a date, the 25th of January and with us coming out of lockdown, I've got mum coming to Melbourne in a couple of weeks to see the dress and, Cripps family is also coming!" Mon tells us

"Aww, I'm so excited for you guys" Bell says and give Mon a hug and I give her a smile

A knock at the door sounds through the ghost, I get out of my chair and head to open the door!

I reveal a Jacky Newnes and his partner Jordan!

"Long time no see" I say and give Jord a hug

"Way too long" Jord says and we all head inside

About an hour later everyone has finally arrived and all of the boys are to no surprise outside playing on the basketball court and cooking up some delicious meat on Patty new barbecue that he got to celebrate the new contract! (new though that was months ago)

The majority of the conversation between us girls was about Mon and Pat's wedding just because it happens so soon, but we also finalise the road trip, because now that a couple of the other boys are coming along we needed to book a couple more spots!

With a couple more boys coming, it brings a total of 16 people coming ; Pat, Mon, Newnes, Jord, Jack, Jess, Bell, Zac, Paddy, Matt, Jacob, Isabel, Liam, Gigi Sam and I

The plan of course is to drive up to the Gold Coast, which is around a 20-hour drive, but Mon has planned 9 stops that we will be stopping at along the way!

Even though the football season has come to a close, that doesn't mean the sport love has died down at all. The boys begged to have the Premier League on the tv while we all ate inside because the Melbourne bipolar weather came pouring down.

The boys were basically screaming at the TV because the game was between Chelsea and Liverpool, which basically cuts the boys into 2 groups!

The girls were all just laughing at the boys because of how ridiculous they can become over sports

"Oh shush babe, you do the same thing when we are playing" Sam says when he hears me joking about them being so loud

"Cant argue you with that" I say

A/N

Filler chapter... boring but the next couple of chapters are going to get spicy... sorry in advance :)

Next update shouldn't be long!

Remember to comment and vote <3