Chapter 3

(Emily's POV)

I cant believe that I actually got the job, my heart is pounding in my chest, everything I've ever wanted, a job that I'm gonna love, a amazing family and of course Lait. I needed to call Lait and tell him the good news. So I quickly run upstairs.

"I'm so proud of you, I told you would ace it" Lait tell me

"Thank you baby, I'm so happy, I still cant believe that I'm gonna work for a footy club and still practice medicine"  I say

"We can celebrate on Saturday, our one year and you getting the job" he says

"Deal, I've got to and make sure that everything is prepared for Monday, so I will see you tomorrow" I say

"See you tomorrow' Lait says while ending the call

I go downstairs to get my med bag and bring it upstairs to pack everything up for monday, the nerves are starting to kick back in, I can barely make it up the stairs and to my luck I don't, I fall from 6 steps up and thud i'm on the ground. I hear footsteps quickly running to see what the noise is all about. Zac appears out of the corner and he quickly gets on the ground and makes sure I'm okay.

" What happened Em, are you okay" he says with a tremble in his voice

Before I can say anything my emotions get the best of me and I start crying, and Zac pulls me into a hug, as soon as our bodies connect, I hear anything set of footsteps but this time it's down coming from the stairs, I can feel Sam's eyes on me and Zac. He doesn't say anything, and I'm glad because if he asked if I was okay, more and more tears would fall down. All Walshy does is sits on the stairs and rubs my back, which is more comforting than I thought.

I've always had a little crush on Walshy, but since him and Zac are best mates I always thought he was off limits and then when I started dating Lait, I kinda got over Sam but a part of me knows that no matter who I'm dating, I'm always going to have a little crush on Sam, I mean who wouldn't.

I wish I could freeze this moment, stay here forever, protected by my brothers, knowing that no matter what happens with my job, my relationship, my anything really that they will always be there for me.

We stayed sitting at the stairs for what felt like an hour. When it was doubtful it was only 10 minutes, I finally stopped the tears coming out and I calmed down.

We are interrupted by a ring at the doorbell, no one was expecting anyone to come over, so it scared all of us. Sam gets up and gets to the door, while Zac helps me to get back up on my feet.

"Oh, it you" Sam says

"Nice to see you too Sam" Lait says

Lait's voice is embedded into my brain, I can recognise it anywhere. I quickly get up and run to the door, I run into Lait's arm, he takes a step back shocked by my wave of affection.

"Hey, are you okay, you seemed down on the phone, so I wanted to make sure you were okay" Lait says into my hair

Not again I think to myself, another wave of emotion hit me, but this time it's worse, I don't know if I can control it.

"Hey hey, Em look at me, your okay, lets go inside" Lait says

He picks me up and walks inside, I can feel Zac and Sam eyes on Lait.

"I'm gonna take her upstairs, I'll shout if I need you" Lait says rubbing my back