Chapter 64

(Em's POV)

Getting into the ground was surprisingly easy, but that probably has something to do with only 25,000 supporters being allowed to come in, with the recent spike in the covid outbreak!

Thankfully Melburnians all worked together and we are basically out of lockdown now.

However, Perth is now under phase one restrictions, which means it could well affect where are game is played next week!

All of the WA players were all so looking forward to go back and see family, but that might not happen, or the game will go ahead with no crowds, which in my opinion is worse, but we will have to wait and see!

When we get into the rooms, we all go our separate ways, and I head into the doc rooms, and only greeted by Will

"Hey" I say and drop bag off

"Hiya" he says

"Am I early or something, where is everyone" I ask him as we are never here before everyone else (in the med team)

"Yeah, for once" Will says as players start to come to get tapped up or some quick treatment!

I did Martins strapping on his knee, and some ankles, which are my specialty!

When the boys head up for their warm up on the ground, the med teams gets everything ready for the game and we head up as well.

We get onto the turf and the sound of the loyal blue baggers has already filled Marvel!

Gosh have I missed the Melbourne crowd. Yeah the Sydney baggers were loud, but no state will ever compare to the sound of the Melbourne baggers!

We all go to our spots, and make sure for about the hundredth time today that everthing is ready and we head back down into the rooms, because it is far warmer in there, compared to on ground!

We chill out in the rooms until we hear the sound of the boys come back in and head out that no one else needs re-strapping, or anything of the sort, and surprisingly no one does!

So we procrastinate going out for probably another 7 minutes before we realise that we really need to head out, and we put our jumpers on and go out!

Even though its not freezing in Melbourne, sitting down for atleast 120 minutes, does get quite cold and we don't need any of the med team pulling a muscle running out to the team!

We do one last final check of everything and we go out to our spots around the ground right before the infamous carlton song fills the stadium and all of the supporters join in as well!

I haven't been to an Adelaide game in Melbourne in a while and I'm honestly shocked to see how many supporters there actually are.

I deadass thought there would only be a couple!

Not long after the boys come out and Pat gives his hype up chat, the siren sounds and the game starts!

It doesn't start off great with Adelaide winning a clearance!

Adelaide look much stronger than what Carlton is but, I know that the boys can bring it and I reckon Cripps will bring the heat after signing his contract !

The Crows have now kicked 6 behinds, making them 6 points up, and Marc Murphy has been subbed out of the game with a lower calf injury, which sadly puts him getting to 300 games in jeopardy.

The med team reckons he will probably be out for the next 2 weeks, which honestly couldn't be worse for the veteran!

Saady has got the ball right outside of the Crow's forward 50 and is off and running, he is doing what he does best, using his speed!