Chapter 70

(Em's POV)

The day after a win is far better than the day after loss.

I know that when the boys lose, everyone almost expects them all to be down and upset at the loss and don't get me wrong they are but if they stay upset until they win a game, the depression is absolutely consume them until they are forces to give up the sport!

I remember after a game at the start of the season the boys were getting hammered in the media because they were having a laugh, and yes, they should be upset that they just lose, but if that always happens, there wouldn't be a football league, because even the best in the business can't hold back emotions!

Given it is Sunday, the boys have the day off of training to mainly let their body heal and get ready for the game and week they have ahead!

Obviously given Zac is still injured, he isn't playing, but he might play VFL this week to see how his ankle is going!

We had decided that night that we would do some rehab in the morning, which consists of going to the beach and the boys getting into the cold water and then they will tell me which muscle is hurting and I will help them try to relieve that stress.

We are all up at 9 in the morning getting ready, they boys have the boardies on and Bell and I are in puffer jackets and basically ski leggings!

We also decided that it would be a nice idea to bring Nav to the beach, so she can finally experience the lovely temperature of Melbourne again!

By 9:30 we are all out of the door and getting ready to the cold adventure ahead of us!

"So, you boys ready for some cold water" I say as we all get out of the car

"Ready as I could ever be" Sam says and Zac just shakes his head

Bell has got Nav on her leash, just given she might want to go and explore given she hasn't been here in almost 4 months. 

Thankfully the beach is practically dead given it feels like its negative 10 degrees.

We find a spot to set all of our stuff down and the boys start pulling off all of their layers!

"Okay, before you guys go an enjoy you lovely warm swim, I need to know what muscles are being annoying, so I can figure out what exercise's I need to think of" I inform the boys

"Uh, ankle and lower leg" Zac says as he takes his shirt off

"Knee and lower back" Sam says and he takes his shirt off as well, and I of course, give him a quick up and down look

"Fancy?" Sam says

"Yes, I do" I say and Zac has already started walking down to the beach, mainly because he wanted to leave the conversation that could have happened!

I pull out my phone and start writing up stretches I will have the boys individually do, they are mainly pretty basic stretches, but I know that they would never do them without me forcing them to do them!

"What" I say with a smile to Bell as he looks over at me and smiles

"I just love how passionate you are about you job" Bell says and smiles again

"Yeah, I mean it's a dream come true" I say as I look out onto the water and I see the most absolutely shivering out there

"Does that really help them" Bell asks looking out onto the water

"Yeah, weirdly it does, it can reduce swelling, which mainly means that you can recover quicker, and be ready to take on the next team as soon as possible" I tell her and she smiles again