Chapter 63

(Sam's POV)

Training has been fucking hard today!

Pat has been trying to teach him how I can deal with a tag, which means that Ed Curnow is on my ass the entire day, but honestly I think I'm finally getting the hang of it or atleast I hope I do!

It is weird to think about that now I'm the one that teams are wanted to tag me, because when I got to the club, everyone was tagged Crippa, and to his credit he was in insane form back then, and who knows maybe soon he will start to get back into form.

Teague and Power went hard on us today, I think part of it was because of all of the media that has been published around them!

They want us to win just as much as we do!

(Em's POV)

"So, what's the verdict" Mick asks me

"I'm not gonna sugar coat it Gib, from what I can see its not good, I don't know how long you will be sidelined until we get those scans, but Mick, you wont be playing for atlas 3-4 weeks right, and if the scans are worse, you could be out for the season" I tell him, knowing that it will hurt him

"Oh fuck me" is all Gibbo says as he rubs his face

"I'm sorry" I say to him, not really knowing what to say

"Don't worry, its not your fault, I really thought that this injury wouldn't be mad this time" he says

"I'm gonna let you be, I will let Will know and we will come find you when get the scans back" I tell him and I let him be

The rest of the day was hard, we got the scans back and it was the worst news, Michael is going to be out for the season, or at least should be because if he was to push himself to come back in he could really risk doing even more damage, which would obviously so much worse.

The rest of training went by super quickly, mainly because a lot of the boys were coming in for treatment making sure that they are ready for the bug game on the weekend and making sure that are ready too give their full effort. And obviously help us to a victory!

We are all back at home now and the 2 boys are passed out on thee couch from the tough training they had endured.

Bell and I were able to see what they were doing today, and honestly I reckon that was the hardest training session I have seen the boys do in a while!

Mon said she wants to come over because she wants help with wedding stuff and Pat hasn't been much help with everything going on at the club and all of the hate he that has been thrown his way.

Bell and I got some non alcoholic cider out of the fridge, just to have fun while we decide / help Mon eliminate ideas of what their wedding should look like!

I honestly b like Mon and Pat have been engaged for a year now, but it has only been like 4 months, but hey, I'm just happy Mon is off the market!

"HELLO" Mon shouts as she enters the Fisher household

"Come through" Bell says as she finishes setting the table

"You didn't have to" Mon says as she sees the small decor that has been set up

"Also, we kicked the boys out so they wont bother us, unless they get bored and come back home" I say and we all sit down

"Lovely, so" Mon says and she pulls out this massive binder she has of all of the possible wedding ideas

"This is where the OCD came in I'm guessing" I suggest

"Ding ding" she says and opens the binder!

The first section is on the binder is the possible colours palette

After much discussion, we have ruled it to 2 pebble options, white, grey and link pink or white and blue and the final decision will be made with Pat and Mon

This exact process happened about fifty more times with all of the choices that had to be made, such as food, location, wedding dress and venue.

We had made a decision on most of them, but we couldn't choose whether it should be in Perth or Melbourne.

Pat, Mon, Zac, Bell and I are all from Perth, coincidentally. So, if it's in Perth it's far easier to have family come, but if it's in Melbourne it's far easier for friends to come

I think all of us are leaning towards a Melbourne wedding because that's wear they will spend the rest of their lives, or at least the next 6 years with Pat resigning, but I can tell that Mon is hesitant to confidently cancel on place out.

The rest of the night was pretty chill, the boys ended up coming back and we managed to convince Crip to come over, so Zac made us a very healthy dinner because you know they are kinda professional athletes or something.

The night and the next day fly by, even though they had an easy training session, there were still a heap of players that came in for treatment, and making sure that if they had any soreness they are will fit and ready to hopefully defeat Adelaide!

Game day prep was the same as always.

Sam was up nice and early as he always is, Fish slept in because he isnt playing, and sooner or later Bell and I got up as well, because for the first time in a while we were both working together!

45 minutes before we had to leave Sam basically begging me to give him massage on his lower back, which I of course did, and did a check up on his back, without him knowing, just to make sure that he is fit and ready to play.

Not long after that Zac was up and got ready very quickly despite him having to put his suit on, and we were out heading to Marvel Stadium!

A/N

Bit of a boring one, but the upcoming chapters get very cute!

But, uh, Charlie possibly playing VFL, who would have thought

As well as Crippa should be fine against Geelong, which is a massive relief!!

Also the walshy podcast was sooo good!!

Next update shouldn't be too long

Remember to comment and vote!!