Chapter 4

(Laitham POV)

I have a love hate relationship and when seeing Em this way, part of me loves seeing her like this because it gives me the resurement that she trusts me enough to show her emotions. Yet, the other part of me hates seeing her bawl her eyes and so weak.

We stayed cuddling in her bed for probably about an hour, she stopped crying about 45 minutes ago, which made me happy.

"You two better not be doing anything M18 up there" Sam screams at the top of his lungs.

"Piss off" I yell back "She just fell asleep"

"I'm so proud of you Em, I hope you know that" I say to her while she is drifting off to sleep. Part of me hopes she can hear what I'm saying so she knows how proud I am to call her my girlfriend.

(Emily's POV)

I wake up in sweat entangled with Lait's limbs all over me, I have no idea how we fell asleep like this, his arm is under my back, my head is in his chest and our legs are twisted. I try to remove myself from the bed without waking him up and I successfully do so. I look at the clock and see we have been asleep for two hours. I head downstairs and not to my surprise the boys are watching Geelong tear apart the Pies, which of course makes me very happy seeing the Pies losing.

Zac notices I'm up and comes over "hey are you okay, do you want to talk about earlier" he says

"Yeah, but just after Lait leaves" I say

As soon as I say that he comes walking down the stairs

"Hey Em, I've got to go, Bailey needs me home, are you okay if I leave" Sleepy Lait says

"Yes, I should be okay, I will see you tomorrow" He kisses me goodbye

"Yuck" Zac and Sam say together I punch both of them in anger.

A couple hours of later

I'm sitting up in my room after we finished watching the Pies get destroyed by the cats, when I hear. a knock at my door, Zac enters looking concerned.

"I think we should about earlier" He says

"My emotions just got the best of me" I say trying to convince him that that is the real reason

"Em you can talk to me, we have been through a lot you and I" he says while coming to sit on my bed with me

"I just miss mum so much, she loved Carlton and she loved the fact that I wanted to do medicine like her" I say

Zac takes me in his arm. "Em mum and dad would be so proud of you, you got your medical degree and you are working at Carlton, I bet if they were here right now they wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off their faces." 

"Thank you Zac, you have no idea how much that means to me" I say while bringing myself up

"I'm always going to be here for you Em, you should know that" he says 

"I know, I think everything is just happening so fast" I say 

"I think I should probably go to sleep" I say while going over to my closet

"I will probably go to sleep too" Zac says

Zac leaves and closes the door behind him. I put some pj's on and get into bed. But I doze off I text Lait. 

The text reads "Thank you for coming over today, it helped more than you would think. I'm so exited for tomorrow, see you in the morning, I love you, Em" 

I send the text then put my phone down and fall asleep