Love and Heartbreak

A/N:

Hey everyone! 👋 I'm back after a much needed vacation and so is the story. ❤️

Recommended:

Not Fair - The Kid Laroi
All I Want - Kodaline

"I need you to save me, before I fuck up and go too far." - Not Fair, The Kid Laroi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You.. you love me?" I questioned and I pointed at him and then back at myself.

"Can't you tell?" He answered as he walked over to me hesitantly.

"I just.. you've never said it back and it's been awhile I just figured maybe you didn't-"

"Didn't love you?" He said offendedly as he cut me off mid-sentence.

"You've thought all this time that I didn't love you?" He let out a frustrated laugh.

I looked at my feet awkwardly.

I felt him staring at me, and felt his hand start to tilt my face up to look at him.

"Look at me.." he said as he looked me in the eyes and brushed my hair behind my ear.

"I'm not the nicest person in this world and I never will be. It's not in my nature to be. I'm good with words when I want to be, but when it comes to my feelings I.." he faltered for just a minute.

"I'm not good at telling you how I feel, you know that. But I have loved you since the very moment I laid eyes on you. I just didn't realize it until I followed you into the chamber of secrets that night. After that, well... I was scared. I pushed you away. I pushed you too much and.. I wasted so much time. I thought I had lost you forever when you started seeing Flint."

"You never really lost me." I said.

"I know that now, but I didn't then. Don't you understand? I'm not losing you again."

"Come back to the castle with me. We'll know when they're back." He pleaded.

I gave in and we made our way back to Hogwarts.

But we couldn't sleep.

Not really.

We found Pansy and wandered around the castle "patrolling" the hallways.

We ended up in the Gryffindor towers.

We figured that would be the first place they would go to when they returned.

We were right, but I would have given anything to not have been there.

I should have went to bed.

Anything, but what happened next.

A few people came into the Gryffindor's common room along with Professor Dumbledore.

"Hermione?" Fred stood up too fast and stumbled before he grabbed her close.

Ron was clenching his jaw together at the sight of them.

He obviously needed medical attention that he had declined.

"Ron!" I gasped as my hand went over my mouth.

He had fresh marks all over his body from the neck down.

Fred let go of Hermione and walked over to Ron, hesitantly at first.

They shared a look before Fred pulled Ron as tight as he could, and Ron did the same.