The Invisible Boy

Sunday, September 1, 1996

Draco POV

The train reached its all to familiar stop at Hogwarts.

Gods it's been what must have felt like years since we've been here. At Hogwarts.

I reflected that however familiar it may seem, it never would be again.

"You all go ahead, I need a minute." I said.

"Save us our regular seats, yeah?" (Y/n) said as she smiled at Pansy.

"I said I need a minute, not me and (Y/n) need a minute. If you need a minute, then you can take it elsewhere." I retorted.

Our friends had learned to keep quiet, butting into our tiffs never helped us.

Just made things worse.

It was nice to have someone to snap at. She always matched my energy. I hated her for it in first year.

Funnily enough, it's one of the things I've come to love most about (Y/n).

"Everything okay?" (Y/n) asked me.

No smart remark back.

Fuck.

It's been like this since Borgin and Burkes.

I've tried to make her snap.

Lose her shit.

And nothing.

She's like a fucking robot.

Draco this. Yes that. Of course Draco, whatever you need. Yes my lord. Dark Lord this, Dark Lord that.

Sometimes I can't tell whether she's actually brainwashed or not.

She really, actually had Aunt Bella teach her how to duel better, and had dancing lessons with her.

Who the fuck wants to learn anything like that from Bellatrix?

No one. That's who.

Except (y/n), who apparently has also lost the fucking common sense lightbulb in her brain.

"Draco?" She insisted.

I needed to reply.

Anymore.. I get so lost in my thoughts, I forget I'm in a conversation.

"I just want to check something, that's all. I'm fine."

"Okay, don't be too long?"

"Dammit, I won't. Will you just go?"

Merlin's sake.

"What the fuck is his problem now?" Pansy's voice trailed off as they walked away.

Nosy bitch.

I closed the cab door behind them as they left and shut the blind.

"Who's there?" I called.

"Whoever you are, I know you're there. Just show yourself." I tried again.

Still nothing.

So we're gonna do things the hard way. Great, only natural.

"Revelio"

Nothing on the detection spell.

I'm paranoid.

No, that's not right. I've known the feeling of being watched for months now.

There was definitely someone in here.

I clutched my wand in my right hand, as I used my other to feel the luggage rack.

I knew it.

"Levioso!", I said as whatever invisible person floated down to the floor at the hand of my wand.

One hell of an invisibility potion. Couldn't be a first year.

Ah, of course.

Potter and his stupid cape, I realized, as he removed it.

"If you wanted to talk to me Potter, all you had to do was walk through the train door like a mentally sane person." I half-heartedly joked.

"Why are you still using my last name?" He started off defensively.

"That is your name, isn't it?"

"No, it's my last name." He said matter-of-factly.

"A last name.. is a name, Potter."

Idiot.

"You know what I mean. We've been friends. Why aren't you calling me Harry? Why haven't you written anyone this summer? Why hasn't (y/n) written anyone this summer? Why-"

"Oh, my apologies Harry." I said annoyed. "Do you ever stop to think maybe people are, I don't know... what's the word? Busy?"

"Busy with what?" He barked at me.

"With whatever we felt like. It's summer. You can go ahead and change your tone of voice while you're at it too."

"I'll keep my tone of voice, thanks. And 'with whatever we want' isn't a good enough answer for me." Harry replied hastily.

I see where (Y/n) gets her stubbornness now I guess.

"I'll spare you the details, I doubt you want to know." I smirked, trying to keep my tone light.

He was on to us.

He had to be.

There wasn't any going back now.

"What don't you want me to know, huh? That the two of you were at Borgin and Burkes? What were you doing, shopping for furniture for a fucking vacation dream home? Draco Malfoy, dream home decorator.

"Ah, fuck you Potter. I can visit whatever shop I please. Something in there interested me."

"Fuck me? No, fuck you. I want answers. Now." He demanded.

I had a job to do. He wasn't going to get in my way.

That's the last thing I needed this year.

So much for relying on him to save us, right?

She put too much trust into him.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I cast as he fell to the ground.