First Years End

Recommended:

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
Hey there Delilah - Plain White T's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas came before I knew it.

Harry and Ron spent Christmas at Hogwarts but I decided to go home for Christmas break. My Christmas was spent with my family and the Weasleys. I had missed Ginny so much.

For Christmas Eve at the Weasleys, everyone was there except for: Ron, Charlie, and Harry. I was most excited to see Bill, him and Charlie aren't around as often anymore since they've started working. I ended up with my very own Weasley sweater and some of Mrs. Weasleys pies just like every year. The Weasley's sweaters are my favorite tradition. We opened our gifts, and listened to Celestina Warbeck on the radio while drinking hot chocolate. After that Fred and George started singing muggle holiday songs. This was always the twins favorite part of Christmas.

"Grandmaaaa got run over by a Reindeer" Fred started as he nudged George.

"Walking home from our house Christmas Eveee" George chimed in.

"Oh boys, really now!" Molly scolded half-heartedly.

Molly hated that particular song, which I assume that's why it was the twins favorite. But Molly could never be too upset because she always loved when the whole family sang carols together.

"You can say there's no such thing as Santa" Fred and George sang together.

"But as for me and Grandpa we believeee" Sirius chimed in with the twins and they continued singing making me and Ginny laugh.

Fred grabbed Ginny while George grabbed me and pulled us into a dance to make us sing with them.

"Oh, Grandma got ran over by a reindeer" they started.

Me and Ginny shared a look and started laughing as the twins swirled us around.

"Walking home from our house Christmas Eve" Me and Ginny chimed in.

"You can say there's no such thing as Santa" the boys sang.

"As for me and grandpa we believe!" Me and Ginny sang as loud as we could.

The rest of the family continued singing and dancing until everyone was tired. We eventually went home around midnight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though we had plenty of money we tried to make Christmas heartfelt and personal, so the time we spent together meant more than presents. We weren't very big on presents unless it was a special occasion. We even invited Petunia over for morning tea, my dad knew she missed Harry terribly.

I always got a present that never said who it was from. This year, my present was a small sterling silver necklace with a black snake on it so it would look like Noir. I hugged each of them in thanks.

The rest of the year flew by. When Easter holidays came, I spent it at Hogwarts mainly reading and spending time with Harry. Pansy and Dani had went home for break so that freed up time for me to hang out with Harry and Ron. I got to know Hermione really well and we got along great. I also explained to Hermione that I thought Pansy teased her because they were so alike.

The three of them always seemed like they were planning something, but I tried not to feel too left out. I especially enjoyed our visits to Hagrid's hut over break.

Thursday - June 4, 1992

At the end of the year, I finally found out what the three of them had been planning. Harry had actually fought Voldemort in the dungeons.