Author's Update

If you've stuck around this long, thank you!!!

63K reads, sometimes I still can't believe it.

I started this story at a point in my life where I needed a place to escape to and it's been such a joy getting to share my world and my thoughts with you.

You know by now that this isn't a story of incest (I promised you it wasn't 😉).

Just a story of two people dealing with their trauma and falling in love in the middle of it.

I just want to address the last few chapters.

As a few of you have noticed, (y/n) isn't acting like herself.

She is frantic.

She believes one of the people she loved most in the world was about to be murdered and we did what we have to do to save his life.

That's the beauty of being a Slytherin though, isn't it?

Our loyalty, our priorities.

I'm still working on the next chapter, but it's coming very soon. Stay tuned.

So glad you're enjoying the story. Here's part of the next chapter for your trouble of waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're going to do what you've always done."

"It was all a lie. I've never been a Black, not really."

"Haven't you? He loves you. He's still your father. A lot better than mine by far. Want to trade?"

"That's not funny, Draco."

"I'm sorry."

"They're going to find out."

"They won't."

I looked at him like he was stupid as I gestured at the lineage book right in front of us.

"You'll just have to prove yourself before then."

"Prove myself? Draco, we're not actually a part of this madness, these people."

"These people surround us everywhere and we will do what we have to do to survive whether we like it or not. Welcome to the real world, (y/n). You wanted to help, well look around. Take a good look at where our choices have landed us."

"I know where we are." I spat at him.

"Yes. Well, I intend to make sure we both make it out alive. I don't care what that means for the war. I don't give a fuck about the war, I care about you and my mother, and our friends."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until the next update, lovelies ❤️.