Toujours Pur

Recommended:

Copycat - Billie Eilish
Blood in the Water - Grandson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly went to my room and opened the letter:

Black,

I haven't been able to write you as soon as I would have liked. Father has been.. well father.

I assume you are back home by now, so I've sent this to your house. I hope that you are enjoying your summer.

I'm not sure what you really want me to say to you, but I shouldn't have been so distant after that night. I don't want you to think we aren't friends. I do consider you one of my closest ones.

Sincerely,

Draco

I found some ink and parchment and pulled a quill out of my trunk so I could write back.

Draco,

Is it really that hard for you to use my first name if you consider me one of your closest friends? It's just a name really.

I just got back home today actually. So much has happened. I met my aunt for the first time ever, my mother's sister. She and Remus are coming to teach this upcoming year, together.

And you don't have to be distant after every time you're nice to me you know.

Sincerely,

Just (Y/n)

P.S - My dad wants you to tell your mom he said hello as well?

I sealed my letter with black and silver swirled wax, stamped with the Black family crest. I took it downstairs and owled it off with the family owl, Athena.

I named her myself when I was eight.

Dad had brought in a white owl with brown speckles all over. She also had dark brown eyes that seemed to stare right through you.

She was beautiful, and eight year old me thought Athena was a fitting name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 22, 1993

Summer dragged by until it was time to go to the Weasley's. Instead of the middle of the summer, we were going the last week before school started.

Except this time we weren't going there, not really. We were all going to stay the night at the Burrow the night before, and then we were heading on vacation to Egypt. I was so excited to see Bill.

I had spent the time leading up to visiting the Weasley's by writing letters to my friends, and finishing my homework with the help of my Aunt. I also had learned a great deal of what my mother was like when she was my age.

My aunt gifted me a photo album that had pictures of my mother, and some with her and dad.

The morning we were leaving for our trip, Petunia and Harry finally arrived by side along apparation with my dad. Petunia stumbled and threw up in the grass. Harry looked just as ill.

"I think I prefer a broom." He joked weakly.

"I think I prefer a car." Petunia said as my dad returned back outside with a glass of water for her.