Dressed in All Black

Recommended:

You Should See Me in a Crown - Billie Eilish
Cradles - Sub Urban

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two weeks at Petunias house passed rather quickly and it was finally time to go home.

Draco still hadn't written to me, and I was rather upset over it. He said he was going to, right? Maybe he had sent it to Grimmauld Place instead? It had already been two whole weeks.

This year, Petunia drove me home. She helped me pull my trunk into the foyer where Kreacher came and took it upstairs while we said our goodbyes.

When I got to the living room, there was a woman standing with her back turned towards me.

She was dressed in an elaborate black dress with an elaborate hairstyle to match.

I yanked my wand out of my pocket and leveled it towards her.

"Who are you?"

"Put that thing away before you get yourself hurt."

"You don't have a wand out, I'll take my chances." I retorted.

"Oh, I don't need one you see." She grinned devilishly as she conjured a fireball in her hand.

I took a quick step backwards and stumbled into a table. I didn't even know that was possible.

"What's a matter dear, don't you even recognize your own-"

"That's quite enough Regina." My father said as he walked into the living room.

"Oh, you haven't aged a bit Regulus." She said with a grin.

She made the fireball disappear as she looked at my father.

"Likewise."

"I'm sorry my own what? Who are you?"

She looked at me then back to my father, clearly offended.

"It was enough I didn't know about her, but you didn't even tell her about me?"

"No, I clearly haven't."

"And why not?" She questioned angrily.

In a quick movement she had moved towards him and had her hand reaching towards his throat.

"Careful Regina, you always were the one with the temper weren't you?" My father said calmly as he pressed his wand into her neck before she could reach him.

"Stalemate?" He said as he grinned as he lowered his wand slowly.

"I never told her because Devina didn't want her to know you. You understand surely, why not? As I recall, you were rather bitter once you married old Leopold. Quite the curse happy one weren't we?" My father teased.

"Coming from a Death Eater, yes? At least I didn't follow someone so absolutely pathetic. I'm a leader, a queen at that. Watch your tongue Regulus." She threatened.

"I've changed, you know that. Your sister made sure of it." My father replied.

"At the cost of her life." Regina spat.

"I could say the same about Daniel, his love for you cost him his as well." My father spat back dangerously.

"Don't you fucking dare Regulus."

I felt like I was intruding on something I wasn't supposed to see or hear.

"Ah, there's the Regina I used know." He sounded amused. "I thought we agreed on putting the past behind us."