Broomstick Wax and Cinnamon Gum

Recommended:

I Feel Like I'm Drowning - Two Feet
Spirits - The Strumbellas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was siting at dinner Saturday evening, with Ginny and Hermione at the Gryffindor table, gossiping about Marcus Flint.

Ron and Harry were listening to the twins so they couldn't hear us.

"Flint's a bit arrogant isn't he? And he's a sixth year (Y/n)! Harry would be furious!"

"Oh Harry's always furious with me isn't he? Besides I don't actually like him Hermione, all I said is that he was good looking. I could tell Ron that you have a crush though."

Hermione blushed profusely "Well dont shout it across the table (y/n)!"

"Haven't you noticed, she doesn't like people unless they're arrogant"

I shoved Ginny playfully. "I do not. At least I don't spend all my time writing in a diary."

"Shut it, and he's totally looking at you by the way."

"Yeah I'm sure" I rolled my eyes.

"No, really!"

I started to turn around.

"Don't look he'll know we were talking about him." Hermione scolded.

Too late.

I had already turned back towards the Slytherin table and saw Marcus Flint looking straight at me and he grinned a close mouthed grin with only one corner of his mouth tilted up.

I smiled at him and turned back around very quickly.

He started talking as he was walking up to the table and seemed overly confident. He basically radiated arrogance as always.

"Hello Black, it's good to see you. Are we gossiping girls?" He grinned.

He laughed and held his hand up at one of the Gryffindors about to interrupt him, and he made a sarcastic face at them.

He leaned down towards me and I caught a whiff of his cinnamon gum.

"You see, when one hears their name as people turn around to look at them, they tend to think it's gossip."

All three of us stayed quiet.

"Well, do tell girls."

He nodded his head upwards arrogantly. I could feel Harry's eyes boring into me and watching the scene unfold.

I also saw Draco staring at me and I almost forgot Flint was talking to me.

"I'm pretty sure you didn't forget my name, so am I to stand here all day?"

He leaned down even closer and was practically in my face but I didn't budge. I knew better.

"Flint." It came out quieter than I had meant. He was intimidating when he wanted to be.

"The one and only" he flashed a smile at me as he stood back up to normal height.

"I wanted to ask you to come down to the quidditch pitch with me after dinner, if you're free that is."

"I didn't know there was a practice today"

"Oh, there's not. Not officially anyways. It'd be just the two of us. Considering I'm the other chaser, and captain, I figured I could give you some advice on the way you play. Will you meet me afterwards?"

Again, it was a demand, not a question. I don't think he ever asked questions.

"I don't have any quidditch gear on me though" I tried.