Apples and Mint

Recommended:

My Jolly Sailor Bold - YouTube
Skyfall - Adele

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come seek us where our voices sound. We cannot sing above the ground. An hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took." I repeated.

"Well, it's got to be the mermaids then." Dani said as she picked up a book about them off the library shelf.

"An hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took." Draco repeated again. "Well how is he supposed to know what they took?"

"I don't know, I suppose that's the point. The better question is, how is he supposed to breathe underwater for an hour?" I replied.

"Well, what about Scuba gear? No one said he couldn't use muggle inventions." Dani suggested.

"Muggles can breathe underwater?" Draco asked curiously.

"Scuba gear! Why didn't I think of that? I've got to write dad."

"Miss Black, if you'll follow me please." Snape's voice beckoned.

"There is no need for the rest of you to follow." Snape said as the others got up too.

"Tell Harry for me, will you?" I said to Draco.

He nodded at me.

He gestured for me to walk into Professor McGonagall's office once we made it there.

Hermione, Cho Chang, and a small blonde girl from Beauxbatons were already waiting.

"Hermione?"

"Ah yes, now that you're all here." Dumbledore said as he smiled at each of us in turn.

"Each of you will play an important role in the second task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. While this might be scary, I assure each and every one of you that you will be completely safe."

"Well, what is it that we're going to do? We haven't been told to prepare for anything and the task is tomorrow morning, Professor." Hermione stated.

"Yes, yes. Well to be put simply, you won't be doing anything. You'll be put to sleep. Do not be alarmed, you won't even know any time has passed until you wake up tomorrow."

"You're giving us to the mermaids? We're to be underwater for.. Merlin knows how long?" I asked.

"Mermaids? Of course! Why didn't I think of that?" Hermione said mostly to herself.

"Yes. But you won't even know you're there. The potion will put you to sleep and protect your lungs from the water. Once you reach the surface of the lake, you will wake up."

"It is imperative that you drink every. last. drop. unless you wish to drown." Snape warned as he handed each of us a potion.

"Well how are we supposed to get to the top if we're going to be asleep?" Cho asked McGonagall.

"Your champion will rescue you, of course. For you Miss Chang that means Mr. Diggory. Miss Delacour, your sister. Miss Granger, Mr. Krum. And Miss Black, Mr. Potter."

Well that's just great, I hope Draco told Harry about the Scuba gear.

Probably not, he didn't even know what scuba gear was.

I drank my potion. Hermione grabbed my hand and she was the last person I saw before everything went black.

Ice felt like it was piercing my skin.

I was in a cold lake, at the end of February.

Whoever decided that idea was a bloody idiot.

I was floating, and then sinking before I realized I needed to swim my way over to the deck.