Broken

Grace:

He left me money like a prostitute for having sex with me. Is this what he thought of me the other day. I was loosing my mind. What am I doing? After MA died everything have been just a mess. I feel so lost now. My parents not here anymore, my grandma is not here. The love of my life doesn't remember me and think I am a gold digger. I sobbed thinking of my life.
I sobbed until a knock on the door woke me up. I gathered myself. I looked myself in the mirror , I looked like a mess.
"Who is it?" I called from inside
"Open the door, you bitch!!" Came the voice and I knew who it was. The fear engulfed me.
I slowly opened the door but Samantha pushed me and came inside. She walked in angrily and kept shouting.
"Didn't I tell you to stay away from him!! Do you have a death wish?!" She asked as she turned around.
She looked shocked.
"What happened to you?" She asked and I looked down. She slowly walked to me and circled me looking at me up and down.
"I didn't go to his place. I didn't even call him." I said in my broken voice.
"Then why was he here? And why do you look like this?" She stopped in front of me and plooked at me with her judge eyes.
"It's nothing." I said still looking down.
She grabbed my hair and I screamed. She made me look at her and asked
"Tell me the truth bitch. Or your dear little friend dies."
"Please no! No!! He doesn't love me anymore. He thinks I'm a gold digger and he only comes for sex." I blurted out in my broken voice as tears streamed my eyes.
"Huh.." she laughed shocked and then little louder as she released my hair and I fell down.
"Ohh feels so good to hear that!! Finally you are getting what you deserve you slut!" She spoke as she knelt in front of me.
"Well, but I don't want to take any chances I still want you gone!" She continued.
"Give me two days. Just two days. Please."
She looked at me and thought about it for long then she spoke
"Ok. Two days I can work with that. But! If I see you in 50 miles radius from Alex, I'll burn this your so called home with your and your little friend in it. Got it?" I nod my head and she left.

I don't know how long I sat there thinking. I my years have dried. I just stared at the front wall. I didn't know what to do, how will I manage to get away from here in 2 days and where will I go. Should I just go and die?
May be I should! That's the only way out.
I ran in the garage and found a rope there and I got on a chair to tang the rope and made a knot. I cried and cried and cried. I didn't want this to happen. I didn't want to die. I thought I was a strong person and I'll never give up on my life. But I can't see anything that I have to live for. I put my neck through the rope and someone barged into the house. I turned my head and I saw Neily and Harry. Neily shouted "No!!!!" I pushed the stool quickly so they won't be able to save me. The rope tightened around my neck and I struggled but soon I felt someone pick me up and pull me down.
Harry pulled me down and put me on sofa and Neily removed the rope from my neck. I coughed and looked at Neily and saw she was crying.
"What were you thinking?" She shouted.
"How could you do this to me? What happened?" She questioned and cried. Harry hugged her from behind and calmed her down.
"I am sorry" I said looking at my hand as I cried as well.
"Your sorry! That's all? This is the wedding gift you were planning to give me?" She asked accusingly.
"How will I be able to live with the fact that my friend died cause I couldn't be there for her?" She asked again.
"I am so sorry.. I.. I didnt know what to do.. I am.. I'm so tired.." I tried to speak but my broken voice could form words. She sat on the sofa beside me and hugged me and we both cried.
Harry got us some water and finally the tensed environment became a little light.
"Tell us what happened? You were so happy in the morning. I thought we were gonna plan my wedding together. You know we are going to Alex's place today and start preparations." She spoke.
Even if I told her Neily wouldn't hesitate to take her life. So I decided not to say anything.
"I just felt depressed with grandma not being here. I feel much better now may be let's start your wedding plans" I said with a small smile. She looked at me for a while and she looked skeptical but believed me.
"Ok. Please don't ever do this!" She said.
"I know, I am sorry Neily. I.. I was so selfish to do this. I will never ever think about dying." I made her a promise.
We stayed there for a while chatted about the wedding and then Neily said
"Alright then.. let's go.. will go to Alex's lake house and then we can go from there.." she said and I remembered I will have to face Alex again.
"May be you go ahead and I'll help from here. I.. I don't want to come there.. you guys go.." I said nervously. I didn't want anyone else to know what happened between us. I tried to look away.
"What do you mean you don't want to come ther?" She asked me folding her abs and looking at me.
I looked away from her gaze and said "I.. I don't know.."
"Grace?" She said and I started crying again.
"Grace? What happened? Is it Alex?" She questioned hugging me.
When we parted she again tried to look me in the eyes and asked
"What happened? You need to tell me." She asked.
"It's nothing" I spoked and wiped my tears.
I tried to get up when she looked at me shocked. I followed her gaze and she was looked at the bruises on my thigh and then she started looking around my body concerned.
"Grace, what's going on with you? Why there are so many red marks around your arms and thighs and your wrists?" She looked at me again. I looked away. She turned my head to look at me and my tears streamed down again.
"Tell me what happened?" She asked and I shook my head.
"Is it Alex?" She asked and I looked away.
"It is him. It's Alex!! What did he do? Did he hit you?" She asked and I shook my head.
"Oh my god!!" Realization hit her and she got up.
"That bastard!" Said Harry behind her.
They both got up and started leaving.
"Neily! Harry!! Stop!!" I called and they stopped.
"It's ok. It was with my consent." I told them.
"Then? Then why are you crying?" Neily tuned to me and asked.
"He thinks I'm behind him for money. He left money for it." I said looking away. I picked up the envelope and gave it to Harry.
"Give him back this and tell him I don't need any money." I said and Harry took it. He looked ashamed.
"Don't Harry, Alex is a different person now! It's alright. You both go and start preparing for wedding." I smiled weakly at them.
I looked at me and then nodded and left.

21k reads, thank you all so much for reading!!!

Please read, vote, share, comment!!!

Thank you so much again!!!!