College

Grace:

I left Alex's home in hurry. I was hungry so I went to my locker and got a protein bar from there to eat. I tried calling Alex but he didn't pick up. I know it's pathetic of me to go behind me after how he treated but I can't control myself. I just love him so much. I love him. Ugh, what a time to realize, right? I shake my head and walk towards the class. Two classes went by and I could not concentrate we have to exams coming next month. I'm graduating soon, then I can find a good job. I met Neily, she was in as bad mood as me since Harry was not here too. But good thing for her he called her like every hour. I know I'm being bad person to think about this but I envy her right now. I never seen Harry getting angry at her. He was so soft with her, even when I didn't know him well. Right now also she is on call with him so I excuse myself smiling weekly at her and leave. I walk towards my locker to get my books when I decide to call him again be he doesn't answer. Maybe he is busy or travelling. I try to make myself feel better thinking that but it doesn't ease the hurt. The last bell rang and I try to call him again to talk to him. This time he answers and my heart skips a beat. 100 things cross through my mind for what to say to him, but when someone else speaks I'm confused.
"Hey, beautiful. I have Alex's phone on me. How are you doing? Away from our lover boy." Josh asks.
"I'm good thanks Josh. How are you? Where is Alex?" I ask not sure how to ask Josh about Alex.
"I'm good Grace. Alex is in meeting with his dad. Do you have a message you'd like for me to pass?" He asks.
"No it's fine. I will call again." I tell him. "Sure. I'll let him know you called." He says. We say our byes and I hang up the day phone.
I go home and see Grandma is in home too. Since the shop was sold. She was feeling relaxed. I liked that too. I didn't tell her about mine and Alex's relationship yet. I know she can sense the change in my behavior. I decided to spend some time with her today. Since Alex came into my life, I got to talk to her. I flew eager to get to my bedroom everyday since he would just sneak in through my window. We were now watching TV and I'm scrolling through my phone if by any chance Alex called or messaged me.
"Go aged and call that boy already. It's like 100th time you checked the phone." Grandma said and I was shocked how she knew.
"Umm.. I don't know what you are talking about.." I defended and looked outside
"I know you are waiting for that's boys call. And I also have a hunch that you had a fight." She says
How.. how do you know? We didn't have a fight. He is just angry about something I don't know.." I defend.
"Then call and sort it out. You look bad and didn't smile since yesterday. I don't like it when you are like this. If he gives you trouble give me the phone, I'll talk to him." She says and I shake my head hurriedly and run upstairs.
"I will go and call him." I say

After I'm in my bedroom, I debate over if I should call him or not. I finally decide to message him.

Me : Hi Alex. I hope everything is good in Italy.

Real smooth Grace, might as well hang a plate in the neck saying "desperate and clingy" I say to myself. I wait for good 30 min but he doesn't respond. Maybe very busy I think to myself. I wait few more minutes but he still doesn't respond so I go to
Sleep thinking about him.

Next day I'm at school, Neily is not here today. It seems she is not feeling well. She said she cannot function without Harry. Such love birds. She said she cannot keep going like this for 3 more days or she will die before Harry comes and I roll my eyes at her. I came to know that Alex will be back in 3 days from her talking. I could not ask her or she might get suspicious that something not right between me and Alex. I am right now sitting library when some slides a chair across me and sits down. I'm shocked and do not know what should I do. It's Jared. He slips a note in front of me smiling "I'm very sorry about how I behaved. I have changed. Please give me chance for being a friend. Please." . I don't know what to do but he looks genuine. I mean lot of people are around and he asking forgiveness so I just nod. He then smiled widely. Then he points at something and when I try to look he bends over and kisses my cheek. I pull way quickly and give him confused look. He moths sorry but I gather my stuff and start to leave. I get out of the library he follows closely behind me. He pulls me by my elbow and says
"Grace.. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to.." I cut him off.
"Look Jared. I.. I forgive you for old times sake but I have a boyfriend. Alex, and I'm sure he won't like if you or anyone touches me or Kisses me. So please refrain from doing anything like that." I say and leave for home.

2 days gone by blur. I was with Neil all the time. Between studying in library, taking exams and Neily going on about missing Harry, I hardly had time. I still messaged good morning and good night to Alex every day and he didn't respond ever. Tomorrow he comes back may be if he is free day after tomorrow I'll go meet him. I will check with Josh may be if he is in good mood before netting him. It's been 2 hours since I'm in library studying when I see Jerry walking towards me which is weird. Outside people are not allowed in school. He looks at me and motions for me to come out of the library. I gather my supplies and quickly get out of the library. He speaks once I'm out. "Master wants to see you." He says and my eyes lighten up. "He is here?" I ask not believing what he said.
"Master is at home. He wanted me to drive you home." He says and we walk towards car. I'm very excited to finally have my old Alex back. I was right. He was very busy to respond to my calls and messages. He came early and wants to meet me. We arrived to his driveway. Throughout the drive, Jerry looked stiff. I walked inside and saw Mary and Albert. I was gonna say something but she smiled weakly at me and said "Master is waiting for you."
That was weird and I was now feeling nervous.