Bike

Grace:

I got ready for school and I was out the door like everyday when I saw a man approached. There was a bike on my driveway, brand new. I was confused, did grandma buy this for me.. I was excited. But my doubt was answered and I was disappointed as the man spoke.
"Miss. Please accept this gift from our master."
"I'm sorry who? I don't know any master" I asked confused about this whole 'master' guy thing.
" my apologies miss for confusion, this is a gift from our master Alexander Parker. He goes to school with you. And yesterday you bumped and broke your bike." He explained. Then it hit me Parker. It's that hole in the pole Parker guy.
"I'm sorry. I cannot take it. Please take it away" I told the guy.
"I'm sorry miss. But we are not in position to deny you masters orders. The bike will stay here. Please talk to master."  And with that he left.

By this time my blood was boiling. I have never humiliated like this. So first he calls me names and then he buy me a bike. Was he trying to buy me so I could be his pet for calling name at school. I was stomp walked to school. The school door opened and there he was right in front of me. I stopped to his group and he turned to me looking very proud? Wow look at his shamelessness. Yesterday whole day he stared at me. He didn't even looked away when I caught him staring and today he bought me a bike in exchange of the mean names he called.
So I lost it. "You.. who are you? And what do you think of yourself?" I asked. He looked at me like he could not believe what was going on. Did he expect me to throw my arms around him and jump on him. I hate rich all they think is if you throw few dollars at people everyone will come running a round them.

So I continued "you think you can buy me with a bike? I'm not some girl you change every month calling my friend the M word an me S word." At that he just smiled. I can't even now.. gah I hate him so much now.

"I don't care who you are and what you want from me. All I want is take your bike back right now and stay away from me." With that I left stomping again.

I felt like crying today. Do I look so cheap to people? And just because Jared helps me they started calling Jared names too. I need to stop hanging out with him. I was getting books from my locker and I was greeted by Jared.
"Good morning" he said brightly. I didn't respond and kept walking.
"Hey! What's wrong? What did I do? Why are you not talking to me?" He blocked me and asked.
I sighed and said "Jared, I don't think we should hangout anymore. I don't like your company" I lied, I didn't want to hurt him.
It angered him and so he held my arms.. too tightly that it hurt me and shouted.. "what? What did you just said?"
A tear slipped from my eyes and I said "Jared please you are hurting me. I'm sorry but stay away from me."
He left my arms but continued shouting as the whole school watched as he shouted at me.

"You know what? You are a bitch. I wasted my 1 year trying get close to you but you are one ungrateful bitch. I saved your ass every time hoping one day I will get you in my bed. I know what's going on you are after that Alex whore. Now that you got the most popular guys attention you don't need me whore." And with that he pushed me and I fell. He left me shocked hearing his words. I picked myself up crying ran to the bathroom.

I cried and cried for good half an hour. I can't believe that one friend I made in whole school wanted to just sleep with me. When I was out Samantha my biggest bully and famous girl of school was there waiting for me. I sighed thinking today day is not even started and here I'm gonna get hurt by 3rd person now. I just looked down and went to wash my hand when Samantha pushed me and shouted.
"Listen here the lonely weirdo, what did I hear in the hallway could not be true. If you go behind Alex you'll face me. He is only mine. You listened to me?" She asked shouting in my ear that it almost deafened me.

I guess god decided to show mercy on me. As Neily entered the girls bathroom and everybody went back to like nothing happened. Since Neily became Harry's girlfriend no one dared to mess with her. Samantha went out with her two minions and I finished washing my hands. Neily was now staring at me. So I just looked up, gave her a weak smile.
After thinking for few seconds she spoke. "I saw what happened in the hallway. Almost the whole school saw. How are you?"
She asked and broke down and hugged her. I didn't know what to do now. I don't have any friends now. I'm all alone.
"I can't. I can't take it anymore. I had one friend and I lost him today. All because of that devil." I hiccuped and continued crying.
Comforting me Neily spoke "it's not true, you have me. You can always hangout with me and Harry. You helped me when I was knew. I'm forever thankful for that. So don't worry. And why do you want to be friends with a guy who just there so he could sleep with you."

I understood what she said. I don't need Jared. I'm never talking to him again. I was calm by now thinking it's not my fault that people are so bad. "Thank you Neily. I would love to hangout with you. But you are always with the Devil guy and I don't like him. Also, Samantha asked me to stay away from him. Since he is 'hers'."
I said last part almost mocking.

Neily sighed and responded. "Alex is not a bad guy Grace. He is just protective. And can you blame him all the girls if the school throw them at him just because he is rich and handsome. So he thinks all the girls are same. And Samatha, he doesn't care for her she is nobody to him but trying to control who goes close to him so she could end up being his girlfriend. But Alex don't do girlfriends. So don't worry about her. But Alex is a good friend."

Listening to her I felt may be I judged Mr. Devil to soon.

Jared in picture 👆🏻