Ma

Grace:

After Samantha's threat I was the one wanted to get away from Alex. But knowing he doesn't even remember me broke my heart to pieces. After Alex asked about me, silence fell in the room. Harry was the first one to recover but when he was about to explain I stopped him. I told Alex that I study with Neily. Doctor warned us about his health so I didn't want to put him into any stress. Josh insisted on dropping me home but I refused saying they all need to be with Alex.

I was near home when a car stopped beside me, the driver came out and pushed me inside the passenger sit. When I recovered I saw Samantha was in car.
"What is this Samantha?!" I asked.
"You tell me bitch!! You said you will not go anywhere near Alex then why were you there?" She asked.
"Samantha, Alex got hurt.. I.. I had to go.." I explained.
"You didn't have to go.. Can't you see bitch!! He got hurt because of you!! Well.. you didn't keep your word so why would I keep mine?" She looked at me. I knew what she meant .
"Samantha.. please I won't go near him again... please" I begged.
"Victor" she called her driver and he nodded. They both looked at my house and fear engulfed me,
I saw a man walk by to my door and knock. "Samantha please don't do this.. Ma!!!" I shouted from the car. I tried to get out of the car but they locked it and Samantha held me hand. I watched helplessly as my grandma open the door and the man shot her and left. I screamed and cried but Samantha won't leave my hand. I begged her to let me go.

"Another mistake and next target will be Neily. So you decide if that's the prize you want to pay" Samantha said and Left my hand. I opened the car door and ran towards my house.
"Ma!! Ma!!" I cried as I pulled her close to me.
"G..get the box.. C..Call the n..number.." she spoke and she touched my cheek with her hand.
"I love you" she said her last word.
"Ma.." I tried to move her but she didn't. She was gone. I cried and cried. I called 911. The help arrived but she was declared dead. The policemen tried to question me but I was in numb to answer any of their questions.

For 2 days I didn't eat anything. Neily came by as soon as she heard. I didn't tell anyone. I was not sure what to do.
Police declared it failed robbery attempt leading to murder.

Harry and Neily arranged the funeral. Everyone talked about how amazing my Ma was. Every passing day I blamed myself. Neily and Harry came everyday to check on me. They won't leave till I had some food.

"I am done" I said as I pushed my plate away. Neily narrowed her eyes at me.
"No!! Not gonna happen. Finish it all you barely ate. Come on Grace. Please for us. For Alex." She said and her eyes softened. I nodded and tried to push some more food. I wondered where Alex was. I knew he lost his memory but I thought he will come.

"How is he doing?"I dared to ask although I was scared of the answer.
"He is doing good. Still no sign of his lost memory." She shrugged.
"Don't worry Grace. All will be better soon." She comforted me.

The door bell rang and it was Harry who came to pick up Neily. He looked mad. Neily asked him what happened .
"Josh tried to introduce Alex to the idea that he might have had a girlfriend during the time he don't remember.. and Alex said he don't do relationships.. When we tried to push a little he flipped.. he punched Josh.." Neily and me looked at him both shocked ..
"Yeh.. I can't wait for that assholes memory to come back so that I can beat the shot out of him for putting us through this all." He nodded and smiled at me warmly.

Neily and Harry, how nice their life was! I know I was their friend and I was happy for them but little part of me envied them. I didn't know what I did to deserve this. Why me and Alex even after being in love couldn't not end up together. I smiled and prayed god to keep them together and safe. If I couldn't have the happy ending hope all my loved ones get the happy ending. Moreover they were the only family I had left.

After few minutes of chitchat, both of them left. I could not fall asleep as I kept thinking about Ma, then I remembered what she said before dying. I got up from the bed and pulled the box on the bed. There I came across a tiny box which had a phone, a SIM card. I searched for the number in the box but could not find it. I inserted the SIM card and switched on the phone. I went to the contacts. There it was only one number saved in the contacts. I just stared at it.  Then I switched off the phone and put it away. I thought about my parents and ma for the rest of the night till sleep took over me.

Next day Neily and Harry were away for something so Josh came by. He ended up staying over. We talked and watched a movie. Once I finished my dinner he left.

I locked the door and I was about to go to bed when the doorbell rang again. Knowing Josh, I thought he might be tried to scare me so I smiled and opened the door. But my smiled was replaced with shock as I
Saw who the person was.
"Alex?!"

Short chapter? I know. Sorry. I was little bored and depressed these past weeks. Had to motivate myself to go back to
Writing.

What do you guys do to stay motivated during these times?

What do you think will happen next?

Thank you for reading!! Read, vote and comment.