Friends

Grace:

We exited bathroom and it was time for maths class. As I entered, I saw Jared sitting with another girl laughing. He just looked at me once and ignored me. Neily asked me to come and sit with her. I walked with her and stares from the rest of the class followed. Neily sat with Harry as usual. I looked around to see where I can sit when Neily pocked and glared at a guy and he quickly from patt the seat next to him. I looked at Neily and she nodded. I went and took seat. He introduced himself "Hi, I am Josh."

To which I replied awkwardly mostly because I could feel a gaze burning into me and I knew who it was. "Hi.. I am Grace."

To which he whistled and said "beautiful name for beautiful girl I see." To which I awkwardly smiled and looked down not knowing what to do. This was the first time me socializing with someone after long time.

Harry smacked Joshs head and Neily said. "Behave and Don't scare her away. She is part of the group now."  To which everyone nodded except the Devil. I don't know what he have against me.

"No. She is not part of the group." He said narrowing his eyes at me.

"She is my friend and now she is everyone's friend now. So she is part of the group." Neily said pushing and Harry nodded at the Devil. He stared between me and Neily and finally nodded. And I relieved the breath I didn't know I was holding.

The third guy who was sitting beside Devil called  "hi I'm Mason. The most handsome guy in the group." He said with a wink.

To which I blushed furiously. Nobody ever winked at me.. it was so weird. I just looked down I didn't know what to do. Then came a voice stern and cold "Alex." He said not even looking at me. He is so rude I don't know why Neily said he is a good friend.

"Ignore him. I'm Harry. Neily s boyfriend." He said putting a arm around Neily. They were the cutest couple in the school.

"Hi. I know you. Neily told me about you. I'm Grace." I replied

To which he said "I hope all good things" I just smiled and the teacher entered.

The class went by fast. Josh would ask me something every 10 mins what was going on in class. Mason would say something funny every now and then. Harry and Neily.. well I don't know how they score on there test cause half of the time Harry looked at her like love sick puppy and she pushed his face to look at teacher. As for Mr. Devil he would glare at me every time Josh asked me something. He definitely don't like me.

The bell rang and it was time for lunch. "Come Grace, join us for lunch yeh?" Neily asked and I looked up to see everyone was waiting for my answer. So I just said "Yes." God it felt awkward suddenly being a part of the group.

Everyone picked up there lunch and were making there way to table. Neily and Harry sat together and I was gonna go and sit next to Neily but Josh called and ask me to sit beside me. Mason and Alex fallowed, I thought Mason would be the one sitting beside me but guess what? Yes..
now I'm awkwardly sitting, trying to eat my lunch and trying to be part of the conversation. I cannot focus. I have to handsome hunks sitting in both sides. One is meanie while other was a sweetheart. Josh was done with his lunch and leaned back in his chair his arm was moving go to back of my chair. I was feeling nervous now but was trying to act normal. Neily said these are good people and I trust her. I was snapped out of my thought when I heard an annoying sound.. Samantha. She was no almost ready to jump on Alex. She called "Alex, baby.. it's been so long." She was now rubbing her hands on his arms. Judging by his expressions he was not so happy. Samantha was my bully and I did not want get into her radar so I was just looking down. When I heard him angry shouting at her I looked at them.
He said "Don't call me that. It was one time thing Samantha and get your filthy hands off of me." She looked shocked was the understatement.
She then looked at him and her eyes narrowed at me.. wait not me but behind me. I turned and saw Alex arms draped over back of my chair. She made a disgusted face and said "bitch."
As she was leaving a very angry Alex got up. I was now feeling nervous but his next words shocked me. "Samantha, say sorry to her right now. And if you dared to come near her.. so god help me.."

Samantha was trembling with fear. She looked down and said sorry. I just replied "it's okay" and with that she left.

Alex sat back in his seat with his arm again on back of my chair. Now that I knew that I was stiff and I lost my appetite. How he was treating me, I never thought he would take a stand for me. Everyone went back to talking. When a deep voice called "why are you not eating?" After what happened I was still in shock and when he talk so close to me shiver ran down my spine. I think he noticed and move his face a little and I finally responded "um.. I'm done"

He looked at Neily and said "she eats so little."

To which Neily responded smiling goofily "May you scared her."

I was feeling a lot of tension not between the group but between me and him. I cannot sit here anymore so o broke the conversation by saying. "I think it's almost time for next class. I have to pick some books. You guys enjoy." With that I got up and left.

Here comes picture of Alex 👆🏻