Chapter 28 - LA

From the moment we pulled up to his gate all the way to our walk to his front door everything screamed luxury.

His house was hidden in a well known neighborhood, hell Reagan lived around here once. I awkwardly carried the bouquet of pink roses in my arms until Harry unlocked the door. Once it swung open he went ahead and grabbed the heavy flowers.

Walking behind him I pause to take in the long hallway.

"Will you close the door? I'm gonna put these in some water."

"Have a big enough vase?"

"I hope so. Take your shoes off, you must be tired." he chuckles "Make yourself at home babe."

Doing as he said, I lock the front door and remove my heels leaving them by the entrance. Harry turns a corner before I know it and I'm left alone. Holding on to my purse (the one he gave me) I reach for the contract Zayn gave me and start to walk down the hall. I had no idea where I was going but soon to my left I find a living area. Not much furniture but there was the essential couches and tables.

There was many boxes around the fire place so I decide to set my stuff on the table and be a little nosy. Inside one of the boxes was several frames, all empty but taking a better look there was a small stack of photos. Looking behind my shoulder; still alone, I bend down and pick up the photos.

I don't make it past the first photo without feeling Harry wrap his arms around my waist from behind.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Umm.. your unpacking?"

"Yes. Barely got the keys to this place a month ago."

"Oh."

"Those aren't the originals."

"Huh?"

Harry then grabs the pictures from my hand and flips through them.

"My mom has the originals, i'm not trusted with them."

"I wonder why" I laugh.

"She wants to meet you." he whispers.

"Really?"

He rests his chin on my shoulder and I can feel him nodding.

"I'd love to meet her." I smiled.

"Good. Now let's talk business."

Throwing the photos back in the box Harry pulls away from me and walks to the couch.

"Business?"

"First of all..." he takes a seat "Are you still mad at me?"

"Well no."

"Good. Now, are you going to agree to be Zayn's assistant?"

"I'm not sure yet."

"Why?" He crosses his leg.

"I don't know Harry. Maybe I'm not ready to leave California yet, I imagine this would involve me moving to London or something."

"I doubt it. Come sit." he pats the space next to him.

"Well it only seems like the next move you know?" I walk over to him.

"Yes but would you be willing to move?"

"I guess."

"Rian if you take this job... it would only make our relationship stronger. That's why I tried to convince management to get you to work for me.."

"Yeah Lisa said you wanted me first." I giggled.

"So when I heard that Zayn fired that girl he had working for him I automatically suggested you."