Chapter 29 - Family

I was very grateful in that moment to have Luke holding on to me because for some reason I felt weak to my knees. It wasn't like Reagan tried to make a move or anything but there was something about her glare that made me uneasy.

"Something wrong babe?" I then hear Harry ask.

"Uh no.." I smiled.

"Want to get something to drink?"

"Sure."

"Well then if you'll excuse us Luke." Harry said grabbing my hand.

"Nice to meet you!" I giggled "Hopefully I'll meet Ashton later."

"He's lost somewhere, you two have fun." the tall blonde winked.

Soon he's gone and I'm awkwardly standing with Harry both of us hand in hand. I then became very aware of the amount of people who could see us right now.

"Tell me what's wrong.." Harry says as we start walking away further from Reagan. Thank God.

"Don't look but behind you was Reagan with a bunch of her friends."

"Oh." he shrugged. "How did she look?"

"I don't know. I want to say surprised but she hides it well."

"Need a cigarette?"

"No I'm good." I shake my head. "Wait, how did-"

"You smoke when you're nervous." He smiled that adorable crooked smile.

"Well I need to quit that horrible habit I started when.."

I don't speak and regret letting those words slip from my mouth.

"Since you stopped taking to your family?"

I take a deep breath and nod. Sure I'd love to talk more in depth about my family with Harry but this wasn't the time or place for that. We are stopped in our tracks to my relief by a waiter.

"Champagne?"

"Rian?" Harry asks grabbing a glass.

"Just one, thank you."

"Here."

I grab the drink he hands me bring it up to my mouth quickly. The bubbly alcohol was exactly what I needed right now.

Again we begin to walk hand in hand with our free hands holding our glass, I can only imagine the sight of us. "Tall, handsome Harry Styles seen with short, stumpy blonde girl." What a headline.

"We can go home if you want." Harry then stops setting his cup down on the nearest table.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not."

Suddenly my phone starts chiming, guess someone really wanted to talk to me but I wasn't about to answer a text here.

"Fine lets go." I groan.

Handing him my glass I realized we had gone around the whole tent when we walked. I almost felt bad for wanting to leave early since there really wasn't many people.

"Let's just say goodbye to Taylor."

Before I could object Harry wraps his arm around my shoulder and leads me over towards Taylor. I guess it was now or never because she wasn't alone, Reagan and Selena were close at her side.

Again my phone chimed. Why doesn't this person just call me? Quickly I pick at my purse and switch my phone to vibrate. Wasn't about to have my phone going crazy in front of these people.