two

Riley hadn't texted me since our argument in the hallway, which wasn't normal for us. We'd fight, and almost always immediately make up. I couldn't help but wonder if he was texting Olivia at all. Ever since he mentioned that she had changed my mind had been on him and her and them becoming friends like him and I.

While I daydreamed in the middle of the local subway, I heard a unfamiliar voice say my namea few times. "Marisa, is that you?" I snapped out of my trance to see the one girl I didn't want to see standing in front of me. "Yeah, it's me," I tried not to roll my eyes. "What do you want, Olivia?" She sat herself down without asking me and deadpanned into my eyes. "I wanted to apologize for getting angry with you in the hallway earlier, it wasn't very professional of me." I snarled back. "Did LA teach you a lot about being professional?" I regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth but to my surprise, Olivia was laughing. "No," she shook her head. "Our etiquette teacher in Girl Scouts' did, Marisa." I watched as she got up and handed me a piece of paper, "Here's my address. Let's study tomorrow around 4." She smoothly walked out of the door, giving me a small as she left. 

I studied the paper as I walked home, I remembered where Olivia lived, though. It wasn't too far from Riley's house. I decided enough time had passed since our argument and hoped that he agreed as I began walking towards his house instead of mine.

I knocked on his door loudly only to hear what sounded like 50 people trampling towards the front door to greet me. Opening the door was two of Riley's 6 siblings, James and Jacob, they both groaned at the sight of me, knowing that I was like an older sister to the two of them. "Rissa is here, Riley!" James yelled. I heard Riley basically jump down the stairs, and in front of me in less than 30 seconds. "What's up? Me and my dad are about to go practice." I smiled at him, "Can we talk outside?" I grabbed his wrist and dragged him out before he could answer. "I'm sorry for yelling at you in the hallway today, and being childish about Olivia. She just upsets me. But I'm over it." I pleaded with the brown eyed boy in front of me. A smile appeared across his face as he wrapped his arm around me. "I'm glad to hear you say that, Marisa, because she's coming to my game tonight and so are you. She'll pick you up at 8." Before I could object he shut the door in my face.

I never thought I would be hanging out with world famous, Grade A  asshole, Olivia Rodrigo.