four

I woke up to a rock hitting my window, only one person did that, Riley Adams. I tried to roll back over and put a pillow over my head but my I suddenly heard music blaring from a speaker outside. My favorite song. " ours" by Taylor Swift. I stood up from my bed and walked over to my window, it couldn't have been earlier that 5am, he turned the music down finally.
" What do you want, Riley" I hissed at him.
" Listen, Marisa, I'm sorry. Tell me what I did, please?" He pleaded with me.
" god you must be so stupid, you went on a fucking date with OLIVIA RODRIGO, RILEY! The girl who bullied me for years!" I yelled quietly at him. He looked up at me, with defeat in his eyes.
" Marissa, I'm sorry. I thought you were ov-" I cut him off.
" You thought I was over it. Yeah yeah yeah. Me too. But I'm not. And you should have known that whenever I stared her down in the halls, Riley. Leave me alone." I finally snapped at him and closed my window.
I turned back around and saw my dad in my doorway, I wanted to cry and run to him but I just sulked into my bed.
" So, Olivia is back in town?" He asked.
I stayed quiet.
" Honey, I know that it sucks that Riley is dating her-"
" he isn't dating her" I said to him.
" it sucks that Riley went on a date with her, but have you even tried to talk to her since she got back? Maybe she has changed." He said as he walked out of my room.
" maybe she's changed." I said mockingly as laid back down in my bed. I finally drifted back to sleep after an hour of trying to.

 I finally drifted back to sleep after an hour of trying to

Oh my god. It's his birthday. It's his god damn birthday. Was I a bad friend? Or was it him. I should have remembered his birthday. I knew it, I knew it by heart. Now I feel terrible that I treated him that way this morning. I decided that it would be best to message him.

Marissa😁Happy birthday Riley, love you

Marissa😁
Happy birthday Riley, love you.

Riley💘
Thanks, love you Rissa.

Marissa😁
You coming over tonight? For our tradition.

Riley💘
Of course! I'll be there. See you then
Read at 10:23am

Even though I was really upset with Riley, I was excited to see him. It was his 17th birthday, and I was gonna throw him a party, a big one. I felt terrible for how I treated him this morning and I wanted to make it up to him.
Time flew by and by the time I was done setting up it was 7pm, Riley told me he'd be here around 7.
7 passed and slowly came 8.
Then 9.
Then 9:30.
Then 10. I finally checked my phone.

my heart was crushed

my heart was crushed. He spent the night hanging out with Olivia, he missed our tradition for Olivia. I was heartbroken but one thing was for sure, Riley Keaton Adams was officially out of my life.

Authors note
do you guys want Marissa to end up with Riley or Olivia in the end because I have story lines for both 👀