twelve

Olivia's Pov

I sat in my car holding Riley's hand and crying. I explained the whole breakup to him.
" So, he cheated on you?" He asked quietly.
" Yeah.. I tried to message Marissa but she changed her number sometime over the summer." I replied.
" she did. Yeah I remember she did." He said with a sigh.
He put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug,
" I love you, liv." He whispered. I said it back. I rarely said that to anyone. All of a sudden his phone started ringing.
" Marissa? Are you okay? I'm on my way." He looked at me and motioned me to start driving.
We pulled up to a small yellow house and Marissa Carson came crying and running out, my heart started beating super fast. She got in and shot me a look, not a mean one this time though. Riley got out and got into the back seat and hugged her. You'd think I'd be jealous of her because Riley and I just kissed, but I was jealous of him. I'd had real feelings for this girl since like 7th grade, I was closeted so it didn't make a difference but I wish she knew.
Riley checked his phone. " Shit, my mom wants me home. Marissa, stay with Liv for a little bit and I'll be back, okay?" She looked at me and I nodded, agreeing that I wanted her to stay. I dropped him off and she got into the front seat.
For the first couple of minutes it was silent but, she eventually blurted out, " You knew didn't you?" I looked over at her, " knew what?" I asked.
" you knew that she cheated on me with Mace.." she said, she choked on her words.
" Marissa-"
" did you?"
" I did. But I tried to text you. You changed your number."
" no, I just blocked you. But I'm not mad at you"
" you aren't?"
" no.. he cheated on you with her, right?"
" ... yeah"
We looked at each other, both tears in our eyes and just bursted out laughing.
" what music do you listen to?" I asked her.
" Taylor Swift and uh-" I cut her off, " that's all I need to know."
I turned on a shuffle playlist and we drove around for a little bit before we stopped at an ice cream place.
" Shit, I didn't bring any money." She said searching her pockets.
" I got it. But I only have money for one cup, that okay?" I said
" yes of course!" She replied
" what flavor?" I asked her, " Strawberry.." she said, we both smiled.
I walked up to the window and ordered. I decided it was time to make my move, only get one spoon.
I got back in the car and she was crying again.
" what's wrong?"
" Natalie fucking texted me."

Authors Note
A little Deja Vú tease 😍 hope everyone is enjoying!!
Thank you for the support