ten

Olivia's POV

It couldn't have been past 8pm when I got the text from Riley.

Riley Adams 🔥Liv

Riley Adams 🔥
Liv.

Olivia 🦋
What's up, Riley?

Riley Adams 🔥
I just punched the shit out of Mace Baker.

Olivia 🦋
You're kidding.
Riley what the fuck?
How did you even see him out? He doesn't live around here.

Riley Adams 🔥
He was walking to the park with Marissa.
Can I please come over?

Olivia 🦋
Stay where you are, I'm coming to pick you up.
Read at 7:54pm

My heart stopped. How could Riley be so fucking dumb? Mace and his father weren't people to play with, he was sort of a, " my lawyer will be hearing about this!" Type of guy. An asshole at that. As I drove to the gas station Riley was outside of I remembered the details of our messy break up.

- one summer before, in LA -

" I can't believe you came to visit! I missed you baby!" I cried out to Mace.
" I missed you, Liv." He said as he pulled me in for a side hug.
"Hm. Weird." I thought to myself.
"I have to show you this awesome restaurant downtown but we have to be careful, you know the paparazzi are just so crazy down here." I said while we walked out to my car.
" mhm." He said while looking down at his phone.
" who are you texting, Mace? They surely can't be as interesting as me." I laughed.
" Uh, you remember Natalie from school right? It's her. We're pretty good friends."
" Natalie Halter? Marissa Carson's girlfriend?" I asked while keeping my eyes on the road.
" Yeah, her."
I reached my hand for the stereo and turned on some random Lorde song. He put his hand back up and turned it off, " She sucks." I kept my eyes straight.
We got to dinner and Mace wouldn't even get off his phoneS it was our first date in 7 months.
" Mace, can you please get off your pho-" I was cut off by him getting a FaceTime call. He picked up, wow! Surprising. He never answered my calls.
" Hey, Nat!" He said with an excited tone. Not a fake excited tone either, a real one. I heard it. I kept my eyes on him.
" Ugh, when are you coming home babe? I miss you!" I heard her say on the other line. My eyes got wide and his head jerked up to me.
" I mean Mace, not babe. Sorry dude! Just a mix up" I heard her say from the phone trying to hold back her laughter. My eyes started to welt up with tears, and I grabbed my purse and stormed out. He followed.
" Liv, wait!" I heard him yell, " I can explain!"
I waited until we got outside to turn around, I was crying hysterically.
" you can explain? Explain how you cheated on me?" I screamed.
" Listen, Liv.."
" it's Olivia to you."
" Listen, Olivia, you were gone for months I needed someone.."
" you needed someone, huh? I called you every night you asshole" I pushed him.
" Physically." He said loudly.
" Oh, so you fucked her?" I said still crying but from anger now. He just looked down, without an answer.
" Fuck you, Mace. We are done" I said.
" Liv-"
" It's fucking OLIVIA."
He just looked at me, flushed face.
I heard the cameras behind me, and saw the flash on his face.
" great." I said as I got into my car and drove home. Leaving him in the middle of LA.

~ present time ~

I pulled up to Riley and when he got into the car the first time I did was hug him.
" Thank you, Riley.." I said while crying.
" What- I- you're welcome, Liv.." he said
I raised my head up and kissed him, and he kissed me back.

Authors note
A little drama 🙄 I know it seems like also, this is all before the release of Sour, because that'll eventually play a part in the book. Anyways, are you guys enjoying it so far?!
Thank you for all the support ❤️❤️❤️