part two, chapter nine

Olivia's POV

Riley and I collectively decided to skip school that day because of what happened. I felt terrible for what I did to Mallory but she outed Riley, and I could tell it hurt him. We were walking to my locker to get my books so I could study that night, Riley finally broke the silence between us.

" Why'd you kiss me?" He said quickly

I swallowed, " Because, I know you needed to be helped."

" Did you mean it?"

" mean what?"

" The kiss."

I thought for a moment, " Yes." I lied to him but for his own good.

" I really like Corey, but I feel like maybe we could date to hide it?"

" we can do that. To hide it." I said grabbing his hand, my guilt was building up.

We finally got to my locker and I took my things out. I felt someone walk up behind us. It was Marissa.

" What do you want?" I said keeping my head turned around, Riley was quiet.

" I came to talk to Riley." She said.

" What's up?" He finally said to her.

" I heard what happened, and I need to tell you about Corey."

" what about Corey?" He said, his voice got quiet.

" He's only against you. He's the one that told Mallory to put you-" Riley cut her off.

" Stop. Just go. He wouldn't do that to me."

" Riley, I swear dude-"

I finally stepped in, " didn't he say go? Go. Don't be a bitch about it." I snapped.

She looked at me and smacked me on the cheek and turned away crying.

AUTHORS NOTE

sorry for the short updates and the late posting, I've had serious writers blocking but I'm back in my motion lol