part two, chapter three

Marissa's POV

What a day at school. I mean as if Olivia Rodrigo hadn't done enough to me, right? First she broke my heart and then she wrote THREE songs about me. I was just about to make it out into the parking lot whenever I saw fire red hair pass me, I could recognize that hair anywhere. I turned around quickly

" Natalie?" I called out.

The girl stopped in her tracks, " Oh! Hey Marissa! I didn't even know you went here."

" Yes you did. Why are you here?"

" Funny story, I actually had to switch schools! Anyways I have to go. You look beautiful by the way."

" Save it, asshole."

I let out a deep sigh as she walked away, why during my senior year must everything go wrong. I was debate team captain and that's all that mattered to me. I saw Emma wave at me to come to her locker.

" Hey, who was that?" She asked me.

" Oh, uh, that was Natalie, my ex." I stuttered over my words.

" The girl that wrote a song about you?"

" No, that's Olivia, babe."

" Right sorry, I don't really keep up with social media I'm more about nature." She said pointing to the parking lot outside, that was full of asphalt and trash.

" Right. That's what I like about you." I nodded.

We walked out hand in hand, and got many, many stares. Stupid Olivia and her beautiful tan skin, dark hair, and perfect face. I almost hated her. But I couldn't.

Emma dropped me off at my house and I immediately opened up my laptop to see a message from Riley.

Riley Adams
Hey.. sorry I haven't talked to you.

Marissa Carson
It's all good, what's up?

Riley Adams
About our kiss...

Marissa Carson
Riley, I used to like you, really but things change.

Riley Adams
Great! They did for me too that saves so much time.

Marissa Carson
Great, so friends?

Riley Adams
Best friends, again.

I clicked off the message thread and went on YouTube to listen to some music while I studied, low and behold on the front page, on the SCHOOLS ACOUNT was the video of Olivia singing to us.

I had to text her, this was going way too far.