eighteen

Marissa POV

I was woken up by phone calls and notifications from every app. My first thought was someone died, and then I checked Instagram.

♥︎70,000💬0PopCultureAcad: unless you're living under a rock you've heard #oliviarodrigo's new song Deja Vú, she did a radio interview earlier today and sources say this is the mystery woman herself, #marissacarson!!

♥︎70,000
💬0
PopCultureAcad: unless you're living under a rock you've heard #oliviarodrigo's new song Deja Vú, she did a radio interview earlier today and sources say this is the mystery woman herself, #marissacarson!!

Comments for this post have been disabled!

I slumped back into my bed. I was more than pissed at Olivia. I tried to text Natalie but you won't believe it, she blocked me, again. Why did people care if the song was about me? It was just a stupid kiss and some stupid ice cream.
" Honey!" I heard my dad yell, " someone is here for you!" I rushed down the stairs to see none other than Olivia Rodrigo with flowers in her hand.
I motioned my dad to go away.
" What do you want, Olivia?"
" ... to say I'm sorry.." she said softly, handing the flowers to me.
I grabbed them and threw them down, " apology not fucking accepted." I said as I dug my foot onto them.
She looked at me mortified. " Marissa, I swear I wasn't doing all of that intentionally to hurt you. It's a complicated situation," I cut her off, " Complicated? No see what's complicated is you. You stole my best friend. You swoop back in and somehow take everything from me. You'll never change. I thought you did for a minute but you didn't." I screamed at her.
She looked at me with tears in her eyes. " Marissa, I did change. And I'm not trying to take Riley away I don't want Riley I want yo" she said but I cut her off again.
" Don't say that. You don't want me. I had a perfectly good girlfriend, and now she broke up with me because of some stupid fucking song you wrote about a FAKE kiss. I never even said I liked you Olivia, I never even said I MIGHT like you." I felt like I was letting all of my emotions out.
" Natalie broke up with you? Good.. you deserve better.."
" Yeah? And what's better in your eyes? You?"
" I mean, yeah I guess."
" Olivia get out of my house."
" Marissa please wai-"
I felt my hand jolt up and slap her. I couldn't stop it. She grabbed her face and looked at me, sobbing basically. She ran away from my house and got into her car and basically teleported away.

"What the fuck did I just do?" I thought to myself and I looked at my bright red hand.