eleven

Marissa's Pov

Riley slowly backed away as I tried to help Mace up. He looked at him with anger in his eyes and after that Riley just bolted.
" My lawyers will hear about this, Adams!" He screamed at him with blood running down his nose. He looked pretty hot tbh.
" are you okay..?" I asked him.
" does is look like it?" He snapped back.
I stood up and stared at him.
" I need to call my girlfr- ex girlfriend." He caught himself.
" um.. okay.."
" well, hand me your phone! Mines at your house." He said angrily.
I quickly got my phone out and handed it to him.
He dialed the number and began talking.
" Come pick me up please, yeah, yes, right outside of Cherry Hill Park, thanks. Yeah I have someone with me. No she can walk home." He spoke loudly.
I scoffed at the last comment as he hung up.
We sat in silence until a car pulled up, it looked oddly familiar. She rolled the window down, I quickly recognized my red haired ex of almost 2 years, Natalie Halter. While we made eye contact our breakup flashed in my head.

- one summer ago, in Arizona -

I remembered being so excited that Natalie was finally back from her boarding school. Time to spend time with my girlfriend! When she got back she seemed a little off but I just thought that sometimes distance can do that to a couple.
" So, ready for our date?" I said excitedly.
" mhm" she said as she looked at her phone. I opened the door for her and she looked at me and smiled.
" This place is awesome babe! You'll love it." I gawked over her beautiful face while I drove.
We were listening to Taylor Swift in silence, whenever she got a call.
" stop the car."
" what?"
" stop the car, Marissa. I have to take this."
" just answer it?"
" Stop the goddamn car."
I slowed down and pulled over. She got out and picked up the FaceTime. She walked pretty far away, and I couldn't see who called her or hear anything she said.
She got back in anxiously with a flushed face.
" I can't go tonight.. take me home."
" what? Nat-"
" take me home, Marissa."
I held back my tears as I dropped her off.

It must have not even been 30 minutes later I was with Riley and I got the text.

Nat❤️Hey

Nat❤️
Hey. I hate to do this over text but we have to break up.

Marissa 💘
What?
Why?

Nat❤️
I'm sorry, it's me not you. all the love !!

Marissa💘
Natalie? What the fuck?
Read 10:36pm

I cried and cried for weeks.

- present day -

Within a second the memory was over, and my eye contact with her stood still.
" Do you need a ride?" She asked me.
" no." I walked quickly back to my house. I must have forgotten that Mace was just going to have to go back to my house. I waited outside until he left, and she followed him out.
She stopped and looked back at me.
" I hope you're doing okay, Mars." She smiled and walked away.
That was her nickname for me.
My mind was still, I knew she left me for someone but I didn't know it was Mace Baker. Olivia's ex. Now I felt bad for her in a way.. but my only question was why did Riley punch him? Was it for Olivia or was it for me?

QUESTION---
how would we feel about a Riley POV chapter? 👀