part two, chapter eleven

Marissa's POV

The crowd roared as the team played, I was almost happy to be there and be apart of something.

" AND A THREE FROM NUMBER 13 RILEY ADAMS!" everyone cheered.

I looked over and saw Mallory and Corey at the doors whispering about something, it was almost like they were arguing but I couldn't really tell.

" Hey babe I'm gonna run to the bathroom, okay?" I said to Emma. She was too into some book she had brought to even acknowledge me. I sighed and got up making my way over to the bathrooms, mostly to eavesdrop on the two of them. I got close enough to hear what they were saying.

" Well, Mallory I don't know what you want me to do?" Corey said to her.

" I want you to stop being such a pussy and admit that you set me up, Corey!"

" Set you up? How? I told you to tell the basketball boys Riley and I kissed."

" You didn't tell me you weren't out, you asshole." She said as she shoved him and walked away.

I walked up to him, " What the fuck, Corey? You lied?" I yelled at him, but not loud enough for everyone to hear me.

" Marissa, it's not what you think. Just mind your business." He jabbed back at me.

I heard the buzzer go off which meant it was halftime. The team started to jog out to go to the locker room and they'd have to pass us.

" Tell him before I do." I scolded him.

" you wouldn't want to hurt him, it's the season opener, Marissa." He laughed back.

I rolled my eyes because he was right, I don't want to hurt Riley at all. I saw him run by and give Corey a smile. I lost my chance to tell him, but then I saw Mallory get up from the stands and go to the center of the gym, she wasn't going to do this right?

Holy shit.