part two, chapter four

Olivia's POV

I wanted to throw my phone across the room, I couldn't get off Emma's Instagram. My head was pounding with jealousy. She was tall, blonde, and worst of all she didn't even know about the whole controversy going on with Marissa and I, she was so stuck in the wild.

I got a text from Mallory which made my focus turn,

Mal🧩
Hey I know this sucks but I have to cancel our date, I have stuff to do with student council, sorry :((!

Liv💓
Mal, student council doesn't start back up til next week?

Mal🧩
Oh my bad, I meant track.

Liv💓
Okay.. do you want to come over after??

Mal🧩
Can't. Tomorrow?

Liv💓
Sure. I love you!!

Mal🧩
Ly2

I laid my head on my piano in front of me which made a few awkward chords play out, now not only was I feeling insecure but I was feeling like my girlfriend who I was kinda falling in love with didn't like me anymore. This is exactly how it always felt with Mace, I didn't want to go back to that. I felt my phone vibrate again, " there's the breakup text." I thought to myself. But I was surprised when I opened my phone and saw Corey had texted me.

Corey Young
Hey Olivia! I was just sitting around and I was hoping you'd be down to hang out?

Olivia Rodrigo
For sure! Want me to pick you up?

Corey Young
Nah, I'll get you. Send me the address?

Olivia Rodrigo
Okay!

Maybe 15 minutes later Corey texted me and told me he was here. We drove around for a little bit listening to music and creating small talk.

" So, who else do you hang out with? Anyone from camp that I might remember?" He asked me

" Um, yeah actually, Riley Adams?"

" No way! I remember Riley, yeah. I had a really big crush on him back then."

" Seriously? You should message him, him and I had a like a fling or something but that's over."

" Liv- wait can I call you that?"
I nodded.

" Liv, you really wouldn't mind?"

" No! Riley is like my best friend, really!"

Before he dropped me off, I gave Corey Riley's number and saw his face light up whenever Riley responded to him.
As I got back into my house I was settling in and saw a notification from Marissa. I rolled my eyes and opened thread.

Marissa Carson
We need to talk.

Olivia Rodrigo
Do we?

Marissa Carson
You have to stop singing songs about me, Olivia.

Olivia Rodrigo
They weren't even about you, chill.

Marissa Carson
Fine. We didn't date so get that through your head Olivia. Also, you turned me down this time. Remember that.

Olivia Rodrigo
And I'm glad we didn't, Marissa.

My stomach sank to the bottom of my stomach, she was on my mind again. All over again.