twenty six

~ three weeks later ~

Olivia's POV

School was back in session after our break, it's crazy how much can happen in two months. Mallory and I were doing great, and even though Riley had been acting weird around me things were great. The only bad part was I had almost every single class with Marissa. I was walking into school with my headphones in whenever I saw a bright orange poster on every other locker, one was on mine and I grabbed it as I walked up.

" ATTENTION PALM VALLEY HIGH!
CHEER TRYOUTS ARE TODAY AFTER SCHOOL IN THE GYMNASIUM DIRECTLY AFTER SCHOOL!
COME OUT AND HAVE A GREAT TIME!
GO BULLDOGS!"

I smiled as I read it through, this was my chance to finally put myself out there! Cheerleading. It was perfect. Riley was on the basketball team so I know he'd be totally psyched to see me there. I shoved the flyer into my backpack and walked to first period.

As I sat down I looked and saw Marissa sitting in the same seat as always, I tried to get to another one but someone took it right before I sat down. I walked over to here and hastily put my books down and took my headphones out plugging them back into my phone and turning on Lorde's new song, "Solar Power" it put pure happiness in my head and I thought nothing could stop that until Marissa tapped my shoulder. I pulled my headphones and looked at her.

" What do you want?"

" A chance to apologize?"

" Go ahead."

" I'm sorry for kissing you."

" And?"

" what do you mean and?"

" You didn't just kiss me. You lead me on."

" No, I didn't. I never even indicated I liked you."

" Whatever. Just stop talking to me Marissa." I said as I plopped the earbuds into my ear again, this time turning up the music.

At lunch I sat with Riley and Mallory, I saw Marissa looking at us out of the corner of my eye. I almost felt bad, I wasn't completely over her just yet. But I had Mallory and she was great. I ate my lunch and tried to pay attention to my friends.

I was walking to my last period whenever I saw Marissa talking to some tall blonde girl in the hallway, I think her name was Emma, I'm not sure though. She looked familiar. And that's when my heart stopped, because they kissed. Not just a little kiss, a passionate one. I felt a rush of jealousy but I tried to push it out as I walked into choir. Just when I thought it would stop, it didn't, because they were both there. Front row.
I sat in the back and kept my head down. Our choir teacher Mr. Krawley walked in and the first thing he did was have everyone congratulate me on my two songs.

" So, Miss Rodrigo do you have anything else that you'd like to share with us? Any more songs up your sleeves?" He asked me.

All eyes were on me, the 2 pairs in the front row almost burned a hole in my head. That's when it hit me. Just go and play something and let me heart out.

" Yes, sir. I actually do." I said getting up and pressing down my shirt.

He motioned me to go to the piano and everyone got quiet,

" This song is called uh-" I looked at Marissa and Emma, they weren't even paying attention to me.

" This song is called Happier."

AUTHORS NOT
THIS IS THE END OF PART ONE! PART TWO WILL STAY IN THIS BOOK, BUT WILL HAVE AN UPDATED CAST W SOME NEW CHARACTERS! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT ON PART ONE, I HAVE SOME SERIOUS PLANS FOR PART TWO!!💘💘