PART 2: chapter one

Olivia's POV

I played the song loud and clear as Marissa looked into my eyes.
" I hope you're happy but don't be happier." I sung as I held my tears back.
The room was silent

, " Beautiful, Miss Rodrigo." Mr.Krawley said clapping loudly, everyone started clapping.

I looked back to Marissa and her new girlfriend, they were the only ones who weren't clapping at all.

" Okay ladies and gentlemen, class is dismissed! Have a great rest of your day!" Mr.Krawley said as we all got up and headed out to the hallway. At my locker I felt someone hug me from behind, I quickly turned around and saw it was Mallory. I hugged her back.

" I saw your choir room preformance!" She said excitedly.

" What..?" I said back.

" someone posted it! It was so great babe, really!"

I smiled at her. " Thank you, Mallory."

" Can you give me a ride home?" She asked softly. Mallory still couldn't drive, she was only a sophomore and I was a senior.

" Yes, after cheer tryouts."

" You're trying out for the cheer team? I'm so excited." She beamed with proudness, I could tell she was happy to call herself mine. I was happy too.

We gathered into the gym together, maybe 8 girls and 1 boy, who looked familiar.

" Okay everyone we have 2 spots left, if I call your number step forward." The cheer leading coach, Ms.Jennings said.

" Number 6." I heard a boy voice pride himself, " and number 4!" I looked down and saw my number, it was 4! I had made it. I was beaming with excitement!

I heard the gym door open and heard a devilish voice that I could recognize from anywhere.

" Am I too late for tryouts?!" Natalie Halter yelled across the gym.

" Sorry, hun, we just gave our two spots away."

I looked back at her with a smirk feeling as if I had won something. What was she doing here anyways? She didn't even go to this school she went to some private school. It didn't matter, she couldn't make the team anyways.

" Please! Just let me try out I promise you won't be disappointed." She pleaded.

Ms.Jennings sighed and agreed to let her try out. We all sat back down and watched her. She definitely practiced because she did better than any of us, and I knew Ms.Jennings could tell.

" You know what honey, we're gonna make room for you on this squad. I'll see you all Monday evening!" She said proudly.
I turned around and stormed out of the gym. Natalie already ruined so much for me. Before I made it out to the parking lot I felt a hand jerk my shoulder.

Oh my god.