seven

(still Olivia's POV)

I woke up extra early that morning, it was unexpectedly Riley's birthday. It wouldn't be that weird to text him right?

 It wouldn't be that weird to text him right?

Olivia 🦋
Happy Birthday Riley!!

Riley Adams 🔥
Morning, thanks! Big 17, am I right?

Olivia 🦋
Yes! Haha. Any plans for today?

Riley Adams 🔥
Uh, not really. Wanna hang out? As discuss this "plan" you have?

Olivia 🦋
Yeah sure. Breakfast on me, okay?

Riley Adams🔥
😊 thanks!
Read 8:42am

Not even 15 minutes later I got to Riley's house and he was outside waiting. Smug smile and sweatshirt.
" Hey, thanks again" he said with a smile.
" yeah of course, we're friends now!" I said as I punched his arm playfully.
We drove to Waffle House and we ate our breakfast.
" So, tell me about this master plan you have" he said with a mouthful of waffles.
" Okay, so you like her right? Why not pretend to be with me so that you can see if she really likes you back." I explained to him.
" Olivia, I don't know if that's the best way to find out-" The waitress cut him off. I smiled.
" You paying for your girlfriend here?" She asked him.
" Uh, with me actually. It's his birthday!" I exclaimed to the short blonde girl. She smiled and went to get the check.

We got out to the car and it was still pretty early.
" So, what do you usually do on your birthday?" I asked as we drove around the rich neighborhoods.
" Nothing really, we used to do big parties but my parents fight a lot now so it's kind of hard." He said.
I got quiet. " yeah, I know the feeling. My moms actually got divorced recently."
" Olivia I'm so sorry, I didn't even know."
" it's fine, Riley, really." I said happily, " it's for the best."
" what's your favorite song?" He asked me.
" Uh, probably picture to burn by Taylor Swift."
" A woman with taste. I like it." He laughed as he grabbed my aux cord and turned it on.
We shouted the lyrics to at least 19 Taylor Swift songs before we finally ended up at a lake.
" So, you never really told me why you bullied her so badly." He said to me.
" I don't really have a reason, I was just a bitch back then"
" yeah, kinda " he said.
" Hey!" I said playfully.
" anyways, I think you should talk to her, really. She's a good person, and I mean so are you."
" Maybe I will.."
" she'd kill me for hanging out with you right now"
" have fun being dead, loser" I said.
He moved his hand closer to mine, " I don't think I like Marissa anymore, Olivia." He moved closer towards me and went in for a kiss.