six

POV switch - Olivia

I didn't want to go back to Winslow. I didn't even want to go back to Arizona. But after Bizzardvark ended I mean, what else could I really do? It had been a year since Mace and I broke up, and he was the person I was least excited to see.
I walked into school that morning and I felt like a sore thumb. Everyone stared at me.
" So, Miss Rodrigo, your classes are on this list. If you want I can have a student help you out? Perhaps um, Mr.Baker?" Mr.Coggins, the principal spoke to me very clearly.
" No thank you, I appreciate it." I replied.
My eyes caught the sight of someone I knew that I knew, Marissa Carson. I stared at her for a couple seconds and not even 10 seconds later, Riley Adams followed her out. My eyes adjusted back to her.
" Olivia?" Mr.Coggins brought me back down to earth.
I walked to first period slowly and once I got there I walked to the back and sat down. I sat next to Marissa without even noticing. She looked up from her phone and flashed a small smile.
" Hi Marissa, it's been way too long" I said.
" way too long." She said back.
I paid attention for the most part until my phone buzzed.

Weird

Weird.
I decided to joke around with Marissa and say how hot I think Riley got, but when I sent the text she looked absolutely disgusted with me. I frowned but just kept to myself.

After school was out I walked out into the parking lot and saw Riley with the hood of his car up, I walked over.
" need some help?" I said.
" oh, uh, yeah sure. Will you get in the car and try to start it?"
" sure."
" Now!"
It didn't even almost start. He banged his hand on the hood. I grabbed my bag out of the small white pickup truck and walked to him.
" hey, if you need a ride home, I can take you.." I said, he smiled and shook his head agreeing with the idea.
At first the ride was silent until Riley blurted out, " why does Marissa hate you?" I was taken back by that for sure.
" .... What?" I said.
" you bullied her like all of middle school, why?"
" I don't know. I guess I didn't really think of it like that."
" Olivia come on, you were ruthless."
I laughed.
" like remember that time you got the whole class to laugh at her at the talent show?" He said with a laugh.
" Yeah, I do. I remember." I said back. It got silent again.
" I've been in love with her for years." He said quietly.
" What? Seriously Riley? She's totally into you."
" no, no way she likes boys that just.. aren't me."
" well, let's find out." I said with a smirk.
" what do you mean?" He asked.

And that was the start of my master plan to win Marissa Carson, and for her to be mine.