twenty three

Marissa POV

I sat outside of my work as the ambulance pulled up, Natalie motioned me to come over to her.

" Babe, I'm really sorr-" she started to say.

" Natalie, don't. You knew how much this job meant to me and then you went and you broke her fucking nose, on my 3rd day." I said, I sighed exhaustingly.

" She wrote a song about you!"

" Yeah, and guess what? I don't care. It's a song"

" I care. She's getting big off of this!"

" ... Natalie we're over."

" what? You're gonna go run to her now"

" No, I'm not. I don't want either of you." I said as I walked away over towards Riley in his truck. I saw him sitting there with his head on his steering wheel. I knocked on the window and that scared him a little. When he looked up at me I laughed. He unlocked the door for me to get in.

" So, how is she?" I asked him.

" I mean you saw her. Her nose was really bloody. But she'll be okay. Her mom is on her way to the hospital with her right now." He explained to me.

" Riley I'm so sorry about all of this."

" it's not your fault, it's Natalies"

" yeah, but I should have just let you two date."

" Marissa are you fucking dumb?" He said loudly.

" What?"

" Are you stupid?"

" No- what do you mean?"

" She likes you. She likes YOU."

I sat and thought for a minute. I knew she liked me. But I thought she liked him more. I got out of his car and ran back into work. I didn't know if I should even text her. God is my life so complicated?

Did I really have feelings for Olivia Rodrigo?