part two, chapter tweleve

Olivia's Pov

I was on the sidelines whenever Mallory got up and spilled her guts in front of the whole school.

" Hi- I'm Mallory Skies, most of you probably know that I dated Olivia." She said with a small smile looking at me.

I stared at her in disbelief, the bleachers were quiet enough that you could hear a pin drop.

" Uh, I was also forced to spread a vicious rumor this morning about a friend of mine, Riley Adams-" she looked over at Riley who was standing in the gym doorway and had the same look that I did.

" I'm sure most of you heard that Riley was Bi this morning, this is not true. Corey Young made up this rumor to get closer to Olivia, and he blackmailed me into saying these things about Riley or else he would kick Olivia off the cheer squad." She said stepping back from the mic and letting a few tears drop from her cheek, " Olivia, I loved you. I always have. I hope that you know that."

I looked around the gym and saw that all eyes were inevitably on me. I didn't know what to say? I mean if she was telling the truth and Corey did all of this, my life would be in crumbles. I nodded my head and walked out into the hallway where I passed Corey.

" Is it true?" I asked him loudly.

" Liv, you know I only-"

" It's Olivia." I heard a voice behind me say. It was Riley.

" Riley, what the fuck?" Corey said with a disgusted look on his face. " you know you and I have something special." He said quietly.

" We did, sure. But you're a piece of shit." Riley said as he grabbed my arm and we walked away.

" Riley, I'm sorry-" I started to say before he kissed me.

" Olivia, I love you. I don't know how I love you but I do." He said before stepping back and running into the gym to finish the basketball game.

I was dumbfounded. I thought things couldn't get worse but then I saw Marissa walking towards me.

" Hey.." she said

" Hi"

" Listen, Olivia, I'm really sorry that I said that stuff that day at the lake."

" It's fine. You're right. We are just friends"

I saw her eyes tear up, " but our kiss"

" It was a mistake." I said as I walked away and got into my car. I started to drive. I didn't know where I was going. I just drove as fast as I could, it all happened so fast. I was almost past the train tracks when I heard the horn blow and then

Everything went black.