seventeen

Olivia's POV

I woke up that morning not expecting to have my song literally BLOWING up. I was getting calls from news stations and radio stations, even agents. The night before I was just the girl from Bizzardvark, not some international pop star. I guess in a way I needed to thank Natalie and Marissa, I mean Deja Vú is a total hit! But I was still so upset. I really liked Marissa, like a lot actually.

She wouldn't stop calling or texting but I didn't have the time to reply, I wasn't ignoring her I was more or less trying to keep up with everything else going on. I decided to go hang out with Riley.
I was driving in my car whenever I heard my own voice on the radio and basically freaked!

" Hey guys it's Olivia Rodrigo and this is my new single, Deja Vú. I hope you enjoy!!"

That was me. This was my dream! I had done so many Instagram lives singing dumb love songs but the whole time people wanted heartbreak songs? I'm basically Taylor Swifts daughter, the princess of a good ol' heartbreak ballad. Something still felt off though.

As soon as I stepped into Riley's house I got bombarded with hugs from him.
" Liv, I'm so so soo proud of you! You're literally amazing!" He said as he squeezed me tightly.
" Thank you! Ugh I love you, Riley!" I said back to him.
" So.. has Marissa been blowing you up too?" He asked me.
" Totally."
" dodging her calls?"
" not intentionally. I just can't keep up with everything. I have like 4 interviews lined up today."
" No way! Liv im so proud!"
" Thank you." I said with a smile towards him.
We just watched movies for a few hours until I went to my first interview, it was with a very popular radio station in our state. Riley came with me and sat in the corner.

" What's up everyone! Thanks for tuning into LKUX your favorite radio station, today I have with me overnight sensation Olivia Rodrigo!"
" Hi everyone! I'm so happy that you guys love Deja Vú."
" It's great to have you, so can you tell us what inspired this song?"
I stopped for a moment. I had two choices. I could lie and say it was just a made up song, or I could tell the truth. Tell everyone that was listening that it was about Marissa and Natalie.
" Uh- yes." I cleared my throat.
" This song is about a girl who basically ripped out my heart, and the funny thing is, we didn't even date." I said with a small laugh. The host laughed too.
" Well we know what's on everyone's mind right now, can you finally give us a name to put to this mystery girl?"
My throat dried up, " Marissa Carson." I said quickly.
He smiled at me. Of course he had no idea who it was. A lot of people probably didn't. But everyone in my hometown would, Riley looked at me in awe, his mouth was wide open.

I knew I fucked up royally.

Authors note!

Thank you everyone for 1k reads!! Please check up my other book! I appreciate all the support and love. love u all besties 🥺💘