part two, chapter ten

Marissa's POV

A couple days had passed since the situation with Riley happened, and it only stung worse this time. I missed him. Tonight was the first basketball game of the season so I decided to go and support him even though I know he didn't want me to. Emma came to pick me up, her and I had been hanging out for a the last week every night after the whole Olivia situation in the lake.
We arrived at the school and I saw Riley and Olivia in the hallway talking, she was in a cheer outfit which came to me as a shock. She was way too Hollywood to do something like that. They hugged each other and I walked away as I was walking in the gym.

" So, are you excited to watch the game?" I asked Emma as we sat down.

" Uh, I'm not really sure. I don't want sports that much." She said back looking around the bleachers at the rest of the people.

I just nodded and sighed. The lights dimmed and I heard our principal come over the speaker to announce the team. The cheerleaders lined up to cheer them as they came out.

" INTRODUCING YOUR FAVORITE BULLDOGS!" The team ran out, I saw them all except Riley.

" AND NOW FOR YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN.. RILEY ADAMS!" He ran out and I saw him hug and kiss Olivia, my heart sank to my stomach but I just clapped for him.
I could tell this was gonna be a long night.