fifteen

Olivia's POV

My heart was breaking. I had just got off the phone call with Marissa and she told me that her and Natalie were back together. I was so hurt.. it was almost like I had her. I mean we kissed? And it wasn't a fake kiss, not to me anyways. All of a sudden Riley walked into my room.
" Hey.. what's up? You haven't been replying to my messages." He said as he sat down on my bed.
" Uh yeah sorry I've been just been really busy." I said as I sat up to face him.
" Yeah, listen, Olivia I really like you-"
" Riley,-"
" let me finish please"
I nodded.
" I really like you, but I know you like her."
My eyes shot up, " like who?" I asked.
" Marissa.." he said with a small smile.
" Riley-"
" it's okay. I'll help you. I know her better than anyone.."
" you'd do that for me?"
" of course I would. Now get up! We have to go to the carnival tonight and you literally take hours to get ready."
I gave him an annoyed look and pushed him off my bed as I got up to get dressed.

While we drove in Riley's car we came up with a plan, we'll sort of. We really just let things flow, or that's what we thought we were gonna do. We walked into the carnival and just saw them. He quickly grabbed my hand. Marissa and I locked eyes for a moment. It felt like forever.
Riley and her shared some words but I was zoning out just thinking about those two together. My mind was raging and my heart was racing. My eyes started tearing up whenever Natalie came back to her side.
" Babe look! I got us strawberry ice cream and only one spoon for my girl and I to share." She said as she give me a smirk. I looked down as the tears streamed down my face and hit the ground under us. They walked away but I saw Marissa look back at me and see me crying.

Riley took me home after. I started writing in my song book immediately, it's what I did whenever I was upset, happy, mad, or just feeling any emotion. I had done this so many times before, it was almost like I got... Deja Vú