part two, chapter seven

TW: Outing ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Olivia's POV

The weekend flew by, I stayed in my room the whole time though. I was so hurt over what she said, and if you were wondering, she didn't text me to make sure I got home safe so that was an even bigger blow. I walked to school that day since I didn't live to far, I had " Mr.Perfectly Fine." Blaring through my headphones. I didn't understand her anymore. I walked through the back way to get the school, this way I'd walk past the track field.

I was walking and just minding my business when I saw a group of boys crowded around another person, I could tell if it was a boy or a girl. I walked closer and took out my earbuds.

" So what? You like boys now?" I heard one of the boys say.

" You can't be on the basketball team and be a queer, Riley."

My heart stopped, it couldn't be Riley right? Like MY Riley. I rushed up to the crowd and pushed through it to see Riley Adams on the group covered in blood and what smelled like spoiled milk. I gagged.

" Riley?" I said looking at him.

" Oh, did your girlfriend come to save you?" One of the boys, I think his name was Tanner, said to Riley.

" If he's gay how would I be his girlfriend, asshole." I snapped back.

" Whatever. Let's go guys." He said. The boys dispersed.

I put my attention back on Riley. I extended my arm to help him up, he grabbed it and winced with pain.

" Riley, what happened, dude?" I said as we walked up the

" You heard them, Liv. I can't be gay and be on the team." He said crying.

" You're gay?" I said back, quietly.

" No. I'm bisexual. But still, they know."

" Who told them?" I questioned out loud.

" I did." We heard a voice from behind us and turned around.

It was Mallory. My heart stopped, my stomach formed a pit, and worst of all I remembered the conversations I had with her previously about Riley and Corey and how happy I was that Corey showed interest in him. Riley stared at her with disgust.

" What the fuck, Mal?" I said to her, obviously angry.

" What? He should be proud of who he is?" She said back.

" I am proud, but I wasn't ready to come out." He screamed at her.

" Well, sorry?" She said, which she obviously wasn't sorry.

" Mallory we are done." I said to her, almost too calm.

" Yeah, right." She said, turning back around.

" No, I'm serious this time." I said grabbing Riley's face and kissing him in front of her. His eyes got big and he just looked at me, and so did she. I felt terrible for what I had just did to both of them, but I loved Riley enough to keep his secret a little longer.

Mallory started crying and looked at me. I had to hold back my tears but it was worth it in the moment.