unbreakable bonds

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

"i hate how pitifully kind you are."

i could recognise that voice even from my grave. 

it didn't belong to donghyun, nor jungkook, but to one and only-

seojoon. 

i froze by the door, tightening my grip around the doorhandle, back turned to the source of the voice. 

i was alone, it was dark outside, and my parents were inside. i didn't want them to hear me talking to a guy for whom they know was the cause of my confidence breaking in younger years. 

when finally gathering some courage, and picking my heart up from my feet, i slowly turned around, seeing him standing close to the stairs. i swear i never saw him around my house when standing out just now. 

he probably kept himself hidden behind my house or somewhere near. 

which meant he saw and heard me with donghyun. 

"thought you could just block me like that?" he growled, coming closer to me. 

now it was a serious situation. i could act confident and have my head up in the clouds over texts, i admit, but in real life, i was as small as a ladybug. 

my body worked against me. i could easily open the door and get inside; but then again, that would draw attention from my parents, who could be sleeping for all i knew. 

"i said everything already," i stammered, voice suddenly fragile in my throat. 

"but i didn't," seojoon popped dangerously close to me, whispering lowly as if he too didn't want my parents to hear anything. 

he grabbed my forearm, yanking me away from the door and having me against the wooden railing at the side of the porch. 

"please," he voiced out, barely heard, "i want you back. i'm more mature now, and i promise never to do anything like that again."

okay, lu, he can't really do anything serious. all you have to do is scream, and he'll get scared and leave

"for what exactly you need me?" i uttered a stable sentence, actually sounding exactly how i wanted - mature. 

"you made a better man out of me," he admitted, stronger this time. "i just got carried away by alcohol, but i promise i never wanted to hurt you." 

"well, you did."

"yes, i did, but i won't do it anymore. no, never!" he pleaded. 

did he seriously think i was born yesterday?