𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

it didn't take me a long time to finish with my meal, take my school bag and leave the house.

and yes, i turned the tv off and locked the house. i was 17 and no matter how much i didn't look like that, i was responsible.

not gonna lie, my house wasn't really near the school area.

every day i was passing by two streets, a park and a main part of the town to get there.

so i would get up earlier, even before my parents, to get there in time.

it was just this one thing that kinda bothered me every time i'd have to leave the comfort of my home- passing by our neighbor's house, the one i was speaking about earlier.

that place was empty years behind, no one lived there. but for some reason, it wasn't sold to anyone.

it was my mom who took care of it when she had time. she had the key and would enter it to clean.

why, you might ask?

ever since their marriage, my parents made a real life-time friends with another couple.

they were so close, every friday night they would go to each other for dinner and game night, while on weekends they'd spend on hanging out.

my mom explained that to me because it was all before i was even born.

but their friendship never broke and i still remembered them coming to our house, us going to theirs. even their voices were still clear to me, that's how much time we spent together.

how close they were, shows the fact they litteraly built a house right beside ours.

honestly as a kid, my biggest dream was to make that kind of friendship, for a lifetime.

unfortunately, that couple moved away when i was 7. they flew to another country for bussiness.

it really got too quiet and empty after that, but the real reason why it hit me so much was because their son was my best friend. only one actually.

he was just 6 months older, yet we acted like twins.

there wasn't a single thing we didn't do together.

his parents were like my own, and the other way around.

he was the reason why i got my 'lulu' nickname.

but

he left without saying goodbye.

it hurted like a piece of me got ripped off.