street races

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

the short visit back home didn't go along all of my expectations; of course, i had beyond enjoyed my time there, eating delicious mom's food with my parents, sleeping in my own bed, smelling the known scent of my home, not to leave hanging out and catching up with my bestie taehyung. 

i had told him every single little thing that he missed, and when i tell you, he was head-over-heels about me, how he said, 'finally finding a boyfriend'. i think he chose to ignore the fact hyun and i weren't official yet. 

either way, i did do many things, but, also, along the mess of my life, i had totally forgot that i was a college student now, and that tons of work were waiting for me on the table. i spended hours staring at the book, and it staring back. 

when i saw there wouldn't be many changes if i kept up the pace, i sped up, studying until my head started hurting. could say that studying (i did it on the ride back to busan, as well) had literally injured my brain, physically and mentally. i had an important exam coming up so i knew how to withhold a tiny bit of my sleep. 

that's why i was damn tired on monday throughout the entire day. with all those informations swimming in my mind and lack of quality sleep, it was hard to focus on anything else. 

however, something had happened that day that definitely had me wide awake in literal, brief moments. 

my shift for the day had officially ended and i was on my way back to the dorm. i had closed a bit earlier because i seriously needed sleep, especially because i knew i was, yet again, going to spend another night studying in the library, so i wouldn't bother my roommates with the light. 

remember how i said i had no troubles studying and didn't have to hit my head on the wall over it? yeah, well, that was before hyun entered my life, twisted it 360 and left me a mess. on top of that, jungkook wasn't a two-faced jerk before, so i didn't have many things to stuffle in my brain like i had now. 

massaging my temple to shush ringing thumps inside, i was walking towards the dorm, intending to go straight inside and jump into my comfty bed. 

but, fate just wouldn't let me do so that easily. i squinted my eyes forward when they caught a sight of some girls and a few guys waiting by the side of the road, expectedly staring at the direction of a roundabout not far below. 

curious about who they may be waiting for, i, too, fixed my foggy attention on a motorcycle sound buzzing from somewhere near. i didn't have to wait for long before two motorcycles popped in the view, driving pacedly up the roundabout and heading to where i was standing. 

even dead, i could recognise both of those motorcycles and helmets, and, for gods, those figures, as well. 

a time of one quick blink passed before i had them two racing closer and closer to that spot of the road. there was an evident distance between them two when looking from the front, but, from the side, it didn't seem like one of them had a head-start. they were pretty equal.