carpe diem

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

that saturday i didn't leave the dorm at all. 

nor my bed, to be more exact. 

tucked in blankets despite the high temperature of the day, i stared at the wall infront of me, unable to sleep but dying with wish to stop thoughts from flowing. 

how that couldn't happen, i kept rethinking the scene i witnessed earlier. risa came by and tried convincing me to get out of bed and eat something, but unless she was determinated to push food into my mouth, i kept them shut. 

i was reliving the same day for the second time; the first was when my ex boyfriend and i broke up after his cruel doings. i remember not showering for four days in a row, which was most likely to happen again. 

nayoung also participated in dragging me out of my burrito blanket, but she'd only go as far as me falling on the floor. i'd only get up and got into bed again, and that on repeat. 

in the end, they saw it was for the best to not touch me at all and let me think it all through. that was what i needed and wanted to do, anyway. 

it was somewhat around the late afternoon when nayoung went to nap, and risa had left the room. the time passed by rather quickly and once it was dark outside, i heard the doorknob twist and risa popped into the view. 

once locking the door, risa heaved a sigh as she crunched to untie her shoelaces. "i don't think people here are ever going to let the incident from yesterday go away," she commented, standing on the doorway. 

curiousity tingling the back of my mind, i pushed my head towards where she was and looked at her. "what do you mean?"

she returned the gaze, surprise washing over as her brow jumped. "oh, so now we're talking, huh?" she teased, dragging her shoes to the side before walking her way to her bed and planting her back on it. 

i only remained staring at her, waiting for continuition of the talk. 

"the couple who broke up in the cafeteria yesterday," she pointed out. "i went out for nearly an hour and i heard that story come out of everybody's mouth. like it's a proper topic to make fun of."

right. i had completely forgot about that among what i kept reminding myself of. 

"but i feel bad for the guy," risa continued, gazing at the ceilling. "i saw him enter the dorm few minutes ago and everyone broke behind his back. it's as if he's becoming a joke material for letting his own girlfriend have lunch with other guys."

"and no one is saying anything to the girl," nayoung joined the conversation, surprising me once she turned around to face us, still laying in bed.