golden things

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

dressed in long, black tee and shorts which barely sticked out from under the thigh-lenght shirt, i slipped into my sneakers and put neutral sunglasses on before patiently waiting on the entrance door, peeking through a tiny crack in order to see when's jungkook going to come out. 

checking the time on my phone, i saw it was 7:55 when the boy i wanted to see appeared on my view. hiding on the side, i shadowed myself from his sight, watching him as he locked the door of his house and started jumping his way down the street. 

i waited for some seconds to pass before mirroring his actions: locking and then slowly stepping up onto the road, towards the city. 

i kept a safe distance between us, casually jerking aside once i'd sense a danger of possible exposure. not commendable though, i was literally spying on my crush. 

crush. . . what a weird way to describe my childhood best friend. . .

back to the topic; after good 10 minutes of walking, jungkook arrived on the destination amy chose for their date. immediately inclining in a small alley beside the cafe, i witnessed amy already standing there even before jungkook got to her. 

it must've been hard for her to bottle in her excitement. 

she wore a flower-designed, summer dress with straps, hair falling down in soft curves and completed with peach-colored sandals. instead of glasses, she had put a colored lenses in and did a bit of light makeup.

once approaching, jungkook offered his hand for a handshake, but amy, arrowed by a rush of butterflies, went in for a hug, planting a grain of awkwardness already. 

tell me this date won't go well without actually telling me this date won't go well. 

smiling to ease the tension, jungkook let himself be submissive for as long as it came to amy inviting him inside. he was a gentleman and opened the door for her, which she shyly grinned to. not a second later, both of them disappeared from the space. 

that was a sign for me to move. as the cafe was placed at the very end of the street, the windows inside allowed to have a clear look on a garden and a playground built right beside, on their yard. 

i skipped to where i believed they wouldn't be able to see me: under a slide. it was pretty distant from a glass wall which would allow me to spy on them properly, but i still could see outlines of their small figures. 

as if the universe knew what i was doing, both amy and jungkook took a sit near the glass wall, only a few meters away. they sat opposite of one another, each of them on my sides: jungkook on the left, and amy on the right.